PDA

View Full Version : Karting @ Speedkarting Warrington SUNDAY 14TH OCT 2012 1PM. mk1club vs. mr2oc

Master-B
9th June 2012, 02:19 PM
Edit: I have booked the event for 1pm Sunday 14th October. I will drop you all a PM with details of how to pay so I can secure the slot. There are 3 more spaces available for those who have waited to see the date before putting your name down.

Its £45 each which would be payable to me in advance by paypal to keep it secure for you all. Add your name below if interested, plus ones welcome. I'll contact you via PM once you add your name.

Info about the circuit and grand prix race format can be found at www.speedkarting.co.uk.

Pics from last year. Will Rick get his lucky overalls again?

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2011/10/SAM_0257-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/SAM_0266-1.jpg

1. Kris Bates mk1club........................................... ............PAID
2. Mike Bates mk1club .................................................. ...PAID
3. Phil Blackmore mk1club........................................... ......PAID
4. RickMcRick Club Tart.............................................. .......PAID
5. Julian Weaver mk1club........................................... ........PAID
6. Whitworthmike mr2oc............................................. .......PAID
7. James Pass mk1club........................................... ............PAID
8. Paul Blackledge (James Pass +1) mk1club.........................PAID
9. David Roper (James Pass +2) mk1club.............................PAID
10. Andrew Swettenham (james Pass +3) mk1club..................PAID
11. Alison Mellor mk1club........................................... .........PAID
12. Sara McRick mr2oc............................................. ..........PAID
13. Steeev88 mr2oc............................................. .............PAID
14. Jonathan Highfield (james pass +4) mk1club......................PAID
15. lbeddowscbr mr2oc............................................. ..........PAID
16. george (mr2_diablo) mr2oc............................................. PAID
17. Chris Jones............................................. .....................PAID
18. Martin Perry (doctor1987)...................................... .........PAID
19. Clive Dickinson (james pass +5) .......................................PAID
20. Barry Eccles Hilux Pickup OC............................................PAID
21. Martin R mr20c............................................. .................PAID
22. Martin R +1 mr2oc............................................. .............PAID
23. Graeme Sullivan mk1club........................................... .......PAID
24. Available

Rick McRick
9th June 2012, 06:14 PM
Yeah I'll be up for this, but only if you can make sure I get my lucky threads after they did me so well last year LOL

mk1 dal
9th June 2012, 11:29 PM
hi kris put me in for this , top day out and very fast track , i now know the track and won my last race :D after learning it in the brim stone of fire :evil: so this time i plan on winning it , i have even lost a stone in weight ( should go faster ) . on a serious note , to all you people reading this now don't wait for the write up on what the lads or girls had a great time racing around this track , take part and total enjoy yourself ,its a bargain for the fun you will have .

gary

coverco
10th June 2012, 09:01 PM
Is there an age restriction Kris? I am far too fat to race but Mike (15) is good and loves it :-)

Master-B
10th June 2012, 09:15 PM
Hi Tommy, Im sorry to say its 18+ on the competitive events at this track, presumably for insurance reasons. There is also a minimum height of 4 feet 10 inches (147.5cm).

coverco
10th June 2012, 09:26 PM
The height is no problem Kris and he raced a Junior Rotax but rules are rules :-)

Master-B
10th June 2012, 09:33 PM
It is a shame mate, 15 year olds are fast due to no weight & no fear! We need all the help we can get, the mr2oc members battered us last time out (except for rick, who was doing a great impression of donkey kong!)

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/03/Kart_Donkey_Kong-1.gifhttp://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/03/Kart_Donkey_Kong-1.gifhttp://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/03/Kart_Donkey_Kong-1.gifhttp://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/03/Kart_Donkey_Kong-1.gifhttp://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/03/Kart_Donkey_Kong-1.gifhttp://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/03/Kart_Donkey_Kong-1.gifhttp://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/03/Kart_Donkey_Kong-1.gifhttp://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/03/Kart_Donkey_Kong-1.gifhttp://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/03/Kart_Donkey_Kong-1.gifhttp://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/03/Kart_Donkey_Kong-1.gifhttp://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/03/Kart_Donkey_Kong-1.gifhttp://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/03/Kart_Donkey_Kong-1.gifhttp://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/03/Kart_Donkey_Kong-1.gifhttp://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/03/Kart_Donkey_Kong-1.gif

Jimbo_Jet
11th June 2012, 08:49 AM
Kris, put me down for this please! :)

Just so you know, I can't make the weekend of the 6th October due to being at a 40th party down in Winchester that weekend. If that changes between now and then I'll let you know, but if that's the only weekend everyone one else can do please go ahead and someone else can take my place.

Thanks - James

Jimbo_Jet
11th June 2012, 08:58 AM
Oh yes, I can easily do a +1 as well, and if we're short on places I could probably easily do a +3 or +4 as most of my friends would love to come again. But lets see how many MR2ers we can get first?

Oh yeah, and are we taking bets on Kris getting black flagged again? ;)

Rick McRick
11th June 2012, 11:14 AM
I think the age limit is to give us older fatties a chance ;)

Kris, where did you get that pic of me doing doughnuts?

Coverco, no such thing as being too fat to race, I was only a pound or two shy of a mighty 15 stone last year and I wasn't the biggest. Plus it gets lonely being the only back marker.

coverco
11th June 2012, 12:54 PM
Coverco, no such thing as being too fat to race

Sorry Rick I have to disagree, there is no point racing if you know you can't compete. 2 or 3 stone extra weight means you have seriously reduced acceleration out of the corners so overtaking is pretty well impossible (unless you use the extra weight to bump the person in front of you into the corner, this tends to get you black flagged though). Now if like proper kart racing the karts were weighted to eliminate the handicap then I would be there like a shot :-)

Rick McRick
11th June 2012, 12:59 PM
It's not about the winning, it's about going to watch the drama of Kirs fighting with the stewards ;)

Perhaps if we weighed everyone on the day and we could have winners of unofficial weight divisions?

coverco
11th June 2012, 01:01 PM
Sorry mate in racing it is all about winning, although Kris fighting with the stewards does sound entertaining :-)

Master-B
11th June 2012, 01:02 PM
Blaming your tools - you need to improve your technique Tommy!! :-)

coverco
11th June 2012, 01:08 PM
There is nothing wrong with my tools mate and I have never had any complaints about my technique, although what this has to do with karting is beyond me :-)

Seriously though have a good day chaps.

tommo
1st July 2012, 08:42 PM
Id be up for this , put my name down :)

Rick McRick
2nd July 2012, 10:03 AM
Brilliant, I was going to try and enrol you for this. Did I mention in the ad that the car comes with a massive social life too ;)

Jimbo_Jet
2nd July 2012, 02:08 PM
Hi Kris, if we're short of people I have another +1 who I know would love to come (he came on the last one) and possibly another +1 as well who would probably want to come - this would fill the last two spaces. But I am aware that we effectively give me a +5 which is a bit ridiculous :lol:

See if we can fill the spaces with MR2ers first but if not I could fill the spaces I'm sure.

Master-B
2nd July 2012, 02:28 PM
Its all good mate, give me names!

Jimbo_Jet
2nd July 2012, 02:32 PM
Well my +4 would be Jonathan Highfield and my +5 would be Richard Towers but I'd need to check with Richard first but I know Jonathan def want's to come.

As I say, if other club members want to come Jonathan & Richard know the situation that they would be standbys.

Master-B
2nd July 2012, 02:34 PM
If more want to come, it can be bumped up to 24 without much trouble, or even 32!

Jimbo_Jet
2nd July 2012, 02:53 PM
Oh right then, stick 'em down! :)

I've just sent my +5 Richard a text to see if he's up for it but reckon he probably will be. My +4 Jonathan def will come :)

Jimbo_Jet
3rd July 2012, 08:09 PM
Hi Kris, just heard back now. Yes he's up for it but can't do a week in Sept as his missus is away then and he has to look after his kid..... but he can't remember which week :crazy: He said he'll let us know asap but honestly just go ahead and book it as I'm sure I could find someone else if it clashed. I presume it would be ok to change a name if this happened?

The only date I'm dodgy for is the first weekend in October.

tommo
4th July 2012, 07:36 AM
Brilliant, I was going to try and enrol you for this. Did I mention in the ad that the car comes with a massive social life too ;)

lol, it looks that way doesnt it

Gilles27
4th July 2012, 08:22 AM
Hi Kris, I might be interested. We can talk about it over the weekend at SILVERSTONE!!!!! See you tomorrow night!

Master-B
4th July 2012, 08:29 AM
Hi Kris, I might be interested. We can talk about it over the weekend at SILVERSTONE!!!!! See you tomorrow night!

Whoooop! I literally cannot wait to get down there tomorrow. Dont forget to pass that phone number on.

Gilles27
4th July 2012, 09:32 AM
Dont forget to pass that phone number on.
Just texted you it. :)

Jimbo_Jet
9th July 2012, 01:09 PM
Any update on this yet Kris? :)

Master-B
9th July 2012, 02:13 PM
Expect an update midweek mate have been on my travels since thurs, back to business tomorrow working through my to do list :-)

Jimbo_Jet
9th July 2012, 02:14 PM
Nice one! :)

Did you make it to Silverstone with the flooding?

Master-B
9th July 2012, 02:27 PM
No issues at all as we went on thurs night so beat the crowds. The campsite Ant recommended was right over the road from the track and while it was a bit of a swamp in parts there weren't any major issues getting about apart from a bit of mud on our wellies! Plan to go again next year, it was good fun all told. Currently cleaning out the van in prep to muck it up again at oulton this weekend :-D

Master-B
13th July 2012, 08:37 AM
Right then folks, I have 20 names, have spoken to the track regarding availability & we are looking at 1pm Sunday 14th October. I will drop you all a PM with details of how to pay so I can secure the slot. There are 4 more spaces available for those who have waited to see the date before putting your name down.

Rick McRick
13th July 2012, 10:00 AM
Yep I'm free that day, will go and check my PMs now.

Rick McRick
16th July 2012, 04:27 PM
Paid!!!

Hopefully setting the trend!!

Jimbo_Jet
16th July 2012, 04:32 PM
Paid for me!! :D

Jimbo_Jet
16th July 2012, 04:38 PM
Paid for Paul Blackledge!

Jimbo_Jet
16th July 2012, 04:39 PM
Now paid for Andrew Swettenham!!

On a roll now :)

Jimbo_Jet
17th July 2012, 03:16 PM
Now paid for Jonathan Highfield :)

Have my PayPal payments arrived now Kris? Hopefully you haven't been charged on them as I've sent them all as 'gifts'?

Thanks - Jame

tommo
21st July 2012, 02:11 PM
Can i pay on Friday as thats pay day for me?? Might be plus one more too :)

Rick McRick
23rd July 2012, 09:16 AM
You ran a credit check on him? I heard he didn't return a video to Block Buster back in 1996, not sure you can trust him!

Jimbo_Jet
23rd July 2012, 10:19 AM
Kris, Money for David Roper now paid thru PayPal :)

Jimbo_Jet
23rd July 2012, 10:27 AM
Kris, one of my party, Richard Towers, is looking dodgy for the karting...... some would say he always looks dodgy but that's another matter! :lol:

What's the minimum number we need, as assuming Richard can't come and some OC members don't come through will we be short of the minimum required? As I was thinking, I have another 3 mates in another circle of friends who might be interested if we're short? As with the others, I can vouch for them all and will collect the money myself and pass it on to you through PayPal.

Let me know if we're going to fall short. Ta :)

Jimbo_Jet
23rd July 2012, 04:05 PM
Well I've just heard that Richard def can't make it so that takes us down to 21 names. So even if I ask my 3 other mates and they all want to come that'll only take us up to 24 people so no-one has to be bumped off, as it were?

In which case I'll send them all a message and see....

Master-B
23rd July 2012, 05:29 PM
Thats right we dont need to bump anyone at this stage :-)

Master-B
27th July 2012, 03:57 PM
I have now confirmed the booking with the track - Ive had £515 of the £900 fee so far & am now officially out of pocket so get digging behind your sofas for cash monies ;-)

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/

Ive asked for the track to give us use of their chill out room for an hour afterwards & I'll be looking at organising a post race dinner somewhere aswell, in all probability this will be in Liverpool. If anyone has any preferences let me know, but for the purpose of showing my hometowns best assets off, it'll probably be down by the docks :-D

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/07/Reflectionl-1.jpg

Rick McRick
28th July 2012, 08:05 AM
Interested :-)

Master-B
28th July 2012, 01:23 PM
Interested :-)

Never one to turn down the opportunity of food eh mate!

Jimbo_Jet
30th July 2012, 09:09 AM
Hi Kris, long story but basically I've been so rushed this week I forgot to message them but I was speaking to another friend at the weekend and he seems really interested so I've sent him the details. I'm going on his stag do this weekend coming so if he want's to come I'll get the cash of him then, if not before, and I'll pay it over to you. Was going to see if he wanted to come before I asked the other 3 as, if they wanted to come, they come as a three-some....... now that sound's wrong but I think you know what I mean ;) Didn't want to have to say to one of them we didn't have enough room as we'd go over the 24 max. They're my get-out-of-jail-free card in case we get a number of non-payers.

How many have still got to pay?

Master-B
30th July 2012, 09:58 AM
Hi Kris, long story but basically I've been so rushed this week I forgot to message them but I was speaking to another friend at the weekend and he seems really interested so I've sent him the details. I'm going on his stag do this weekend coming so if he want's to come I'll get the cash of him then, if not before, and I'll pay it over to you. Was going to see if he wanted to come before I asked the other 3 as, if they wanted to come, they come as a three-some....... now that sound's wrong but I think you know what I mean ;) Didn't want to have to say to one of them we didn't have enough room as we'd go over the 24 max. They're my get-out-of-jail-free card in case we get a number of non-payers.

How many have still got to pay?

Ive had 12 people pay so far - £540
4 have agreed a payment date (but one is overdue) - £180
5 have gone to ground - £225

With the exception of Mrs. McRick the 5 engaged in radio silence are people from the mr2oc that I dont actually know, so I have no idea who they are or how to contact them outside of that forum. If I dont hear off them this week I'm going to bump them onto standby in favour of people who are willing to commit to pay as cash is king!

Jimbo_Jet
30th July 2012, 10:10 AM
Understood.

Give them this week then if you don't hear I'll contact my other three mates and if they all come some of the OC members will get bumped but that can't be avoided if they're not paying?

Jimbo_Jet
30th July 2012, 10:12 AM
We should organise it as a guest outing for Gary's new Ridge-Racer MK1 ;)

Rick McRick
30th July 2012, 12:57 PM
I keep reminding the Mrs and she keeps saying she'll pay but if someone else pays first then that's her loss :)

Just text her again now.

Jimbo_Jet
30th July 2012, 01:12 PM
ha ha ha it looks awesome doesnt it, im hoping he will have it at august tatton. have you thought anymore about jazzing yours up?

Yeah I have but it's just time.... I've spent 4 years doing an MA and no time doing any DIY so now it's pay back time for my missus! ;) I'm re-pointing the house over the summer, decorating the hall, sanding the stairs etc etc.

Still want to either diamond cut my wheels or, probably, mirror polish them instead. I have a spare wheel I can practice on now so will have a go at some point before the autumn. I've been researching how to keep it clean and there appears to be polishes you can use as for over-chromed american classics. So think I'll mirror polish the test wheel, then polish it with the protective polish, chuck some salt on it and leave it out in the rain on the autumn/early winter and see what happens. Mean time I can polish My other spare wheel then make a decision on if I'm going to just keep them looking good with monthly polishing or just lacquer them and hope it sticks to such a smooth surface. Not sure which way to go at the moment...... hence the acid test on the bear metal!

Buy Gary's Ridge-Racer has really got me thinking tho, as I'm going to need new rear arches and rear end re-spray next year at some point and hope to use Gary for that ;)

Rick McRick
31st July 2012, 08:39 AM
Sure I just typed this once, anyway....

I've fired you over the money for Mrs McRick, I'll take care of that debt personally!

You can bump Chris Mac, I thought you already had.

Rick McRick
31st July 2012, 09:58 AM
Rick + girls league open

HEY!!! I just got this!!

Jimbo_Jet
29th August 2012, 07:58 AM
Kris, can you put me down for another +1 please under the name of Clive Dickinson :)

Will transfer the cash to you shortly!

Jimbo_Jet
24th September 2012, 12:08 PM
Clive Dickinson cash now paid! :)

Master-B
8th October 2012, 03:20 PM
Right then folks, arrangements for Sunday...

The event starts at 1pm & the track has a strict policy of not letting people who are late join in as they only do the H&S briefing once. So they ask that everyone aims to get there about 15mins before. I'll be there from about 12:30.

Give me a shout if you have any problems, I'm going to be offline for a few days now so drop me a text/call me - if you havent got my number in your phone, you should hopefully still have it on PM :)

Kris

Jimbo_Jet
12th October 2012, 09:51 AM
Looking forward to it!

Big thanks to Kris I think is very much deserved for organising this for us all, so cheers mate! :thumbup:

See you all at 12:30! I'll be the one in the slow moving kart! :D

Rick McRick
13th October 2012, 08:34 AM
I'll be the one struggling to keep up with you :-D

Rick McRick
14th October 2012, 05:01 PM
Great day Kris, big thanks for organising it!

Jimbo_Jet
14th October 2012, 05:04 PM
I'll second Rick's statement there, thanks again Kris! Top day yet again!

Although my backs aching now ;)

Master-B
14th October 2012, 05:16 PM
No worries lads. Glad you had a good time, make all the faff worthwhile. No photos unfortunately. My left knee, left ankle and right shoulder are all knackered now... Coupled with being at least a stone overweight I was pleased to be able to keep up with the top 3 stick men for the most part!! Rick... Did I see you win a round at some point? Must have been the charity race ;-)

MartinR
14th October 2012, 10:40 PM
Kris, I know what pita it is to organise at times. So well done for one! Great day out.

I have uploaded a few pics and video links over on the oc.
I'm on tapatalk at the minute otherwise would have posted the link.

Cheers again bud...

Rick McRick
15th October 2012, 11:53 AM
Yeah, I stated in poll, was lucky to have two lads behind me at about the same level as me so they never got past and also held off the faster lads at the back.

Also I was a stone lighter than last year and I think it showed in my final position on the leader board.

It's just a shame that it's such a pain getting everyone to sign up and pay up in good time as this is a great annual event!

MartinR
15th October 2012, 12:38 PM
Pics available at
http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/tt323/MartinRobinson1987/GoKarting%20Warringotn%202012/

If you search MartinRobinson1987 on YouTube, there is 9 video's on there. Don't worry though, they are only between 7-25secs long :D