PDA

View Full Version : 18/19 August tatton park classic, vintage & auto jumble

bill hulme
6th June 2012, 11:18 PM
ONLY 15 TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE FOR EACH DAY OF THE EVENT:

1. THE CLOSING DATE FOR TICKETS IS THE 8th JULY by contacting me before that date either by telephone or email.

2. This is the closing date for notifying the show organisers.

Contact me by telephone on 01204 578147, or mob 07812738764 bill.hulme@ntlworld.com

I WILL NEED YOUR NAME, ADDRESS, CAR REGISTRATION AND PHONE NUMBER in order to register the tickets..

Bookings can be made for one, or two days, and I also need to know if you will be camping. The charge for camping is £10.00 for any length of time. For motorhomes and caravans the fee is £20.00. You can arrive after 10.00 am on Friday, and help in setting up our area would be appreciated.

In previous years, places have been gone quickly and already at least 6 members have applied for this very popular event. To date, the following have booked places, and it would be helpful to have your information in the following format
Bill.

1. Bill Hulme ............. Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Camping
2. Tom Coverco.......... Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Camping
3. Gary Mellor.............Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Camping
4. tommundy..............Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Camping
5. Kris Bates...............Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Camping
6. Julian Weever..........Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Camping
7. Andrew Mellor.........Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Camping
8. Graham wilkinson.............................Sunday
9. James Pass.......................Saturday, Sunday
10 Denis Eley........................Saturday, Sunday
11 Denis Cook.......................Saturday,
12 Ali ..................................Saturday, Sunday
13 Rick McRick......................Saturday, Sunday
14 Peter Shimwell..................Saturday,
15 Martin Perry......................Saturday, Sunday
16 Nik Milford......................................Sunda y
17 J Leddon...........................Saturday,Sunday

coverco
7th June 2012, 06:12 AM
:) Thanks Bill :)

If I can help in any way just ask.

bill hulme
11th June 2012, 06:35 PM
there are still some free Tickets for The TATTON PARK SHOW, so send me you name and details, the closing date is the 8th of JULY.
there where 2000 cars on display at the last one, So have ago.

Bill Hulme 01204 578147

Master-B
11th June 2012, 10:08 PM
Come on folks, get involved and if you can camp over the show is good but the evenings are what really make it. Who will win the man v tent rope 2am drunken lottery? It could be you!

julianw
11th June 2012, 10:36 PM
My bets are on Tommy winning with bonus balls!

Master-B
11th June 2012, 10:40 PM
Ha ha, loving that as a new nickname!

coverco
12th June 2012, 06:17 AM
It was a close thing between Gary and I, if I try a bottle of whiskey I think I can win :-)

Rick McRick
12th June 2012, 10:10 AM
Guys, I should be a long to show my face at some point, can we get Bill to arrange some better weather this time though?!

bill hulme
22nd June 2012, 09:02 PM
Only 1 Free Ticket for Saturday 2 For Sunday left so be quick to get you name down.
Bill. 01204 578147

Gilles27
23rd June 2012, 10:33 AM
Only 1 Free Ticket for Saturday 2 For Sunday left so be quick to get you name down.
Bill. 01204 578147
Hi Bill. Can't make this one and I've just realised I didn't return your call. Sorry.

bill hulme
2nd July 2012, 09:13 AM
Your last chance, for a free ticket, 1 place only for Saturday 1 for Sunday, closing date this Saturday the 7th.
Bill Hulme 01204 578147

Master-B
3rd July 2012, 06:51 PM
I thought Jimbo said he was camping?

bill hulme
5th July 2012, 08:01 PM
NOW all tickets book up.

Jimbo_Jet
6th July 2012, 07:47 AM
I thought Jimbo said he was camping?

Haven't cleared a weekend pass with the missus yet Kris ;)

kevin..in
6th July 2012, 11:05 AM
Glad this is all booked up, top event great atmosphere, thanks for the chat today Bill you are an A1 guy!!

mk1 dal
10th August 2012, 01:42 AM
hi all campers , one week to go yippee cant wait , another top social, barbie on , beers flowing and brilliant banter and discussions . total priceless . see you all there

gary

Master-B
10th August 2012, 07:36 AM
Heres to a warm sunny dry event. We deserve one after the muddy field misery 2012 has served up so far this year :-D

bill hulme
10th August 2012, 12:10 PM
TATTON PARK---- NO PLOT & TICKETS they never received my application it has just come back to me address not know,
I Have phoned Stuart the organiser and there are no plots left.
Bill.

Jimbo_Jet
10th August 2012, 12:23 PM
Whoa! Perhaps stating the obvious but does that mean no Tatton then?

Master-B
10th August 2012, 12:26 PM
WTF!

J-Fest. Its the only answer.

*lights julianw signal*

Jimbo_Jet
10th August 2012, 12:27 PM
*lights julianw signal*

The MR2 equivalent of the Bat Signal!

tommundy
10th August 2012, 12:28 PM
I've just spoken to Bill and am gutted, as everyone is going to be probably :(

It sounds like a failure in the postal system, as Bill said that his application form ended up in Ireland before being returned??

I'm going to speak to the Toyota Performance Car Club tonight and see if they can squeeze at least a couple of us on their pitch.

For now though it looks like the Mk1 Club won't be represented at Tatton Park for the first time in years.

I'll post up later if I have any news.

Cheers,
Tom

Jimbo_Jet
10th August 2012, 12:41 PM
Well sh1t happens unfortunately - It's no one's fault apart from the Royal Mail. But I'm a bit surprised that Tatton didn't perhaps ask the question as we were such regular attendees?

bill hulme
10th August 2012, 12:42 PM
The Tatton Show is still on, you can pay as a day visitor to go round if you like.
Its just that there are no plots left to put us on.
Bill.

mk1 dal
10th August 2012, 05:53 PM
hi , what a fu** up , i have add trouble with royal mail before . i feel sorry for bill now as he will have to ring up all the lads and girls telling the bad news ,again in his own time , they should really try to fit us in as we always turn up to the show in numbers otherwise we will have to find a new venue for next year in August , i already know bill has tried his up most best to get us in but no joy .

gary

julianw
10th August 2012, 09:05 PM
Also gutted. I feel most for Bill though - to have so much effort turn to nought. Any avenue to get us into Tatton should be checked out, but yes, JFest may become the viable alternative, as long as the ground keeps on drying out and I can get a window in the grazing schedule on the land! Watch this (camping) space.

Jules

Master-B
10th August 2012, 09:31 PM
:-D

mk1 dal
10th August 2012, 09:45 PM
hi ju , jap fest may the way to go , its not to far and its a really good show . we all had better get are arses in gear if where going though as its in September . this would be a grate end of the show season before the dreaded winter ( 5 months for me and you mate ) we have had some mega good times and runs this year and bill is 110 % not to blame for this mishap , he is the best organizer and motivator in the club full stop :clap: .( royal mail = wa**ers). i am up for j fest and the wife will take the new car so happy days , we need to let the other lads and gals know about the event am sure the nw side will rally to the event as always and have a brill time .

j fest hear we come

gary

bill hulme
11th August 2012, 04:08 PM
I think we all should go to JAE 7/8/9 September this is a great show that is basically run by IMOC and the Mk1 club attend its at a smashing location I have been for the last 3 year
Rick attends.
I have already sent for my ticket.
Bill.

coverco
11th August 2012, 09:37 PM
We could just go camping, I have just got back from holiday and am as disappointed as everyone else. Surely we can find a campsite and just have a Northern MK1 camp out :-)

PS Gary I think Jfest is a meeting at Julian's place.

mk1 dal
11th August 2012, 10:51 PM
We could just go camping, I have just got back from holiday and am as disappointed as everyone else. Surely we can find a campsite and just have a Northern MK1 camp out :-)

PS Gary I think Jfest is a meeting at Julian's place.
opps i thought they meant jap fest aka jae , im very very disappointed we are not going and more so for bill as he loves it and he is the heart and sole of the meet :cry: + spending the best part of a grand getting the new car ready for the show . my mate 3 doors up is very good mates with stu the organizer , i will go and twist some arms sunday to see if i can get us in , where there's a will there's a way .

gary

julianw
13th August 2012, 11:01 PM
Hi guys
As my neighbour is trying to fatten up his lambs on the grass outside my gate, and the lawn is still too boggy for vehicles, I favour a rough and ready Peak district farm campsite a bit further south as a consolation prize this weekend if we can't sneak into Tatton. The farm is between Warslow and Hartington. I've been there a number of times over the last five years. It's cheap, though the facilities are accordingly basic, there's no electric hook up, but it's a chilled out sorta place where fires, music and fizzy pop are not frowned upon and it's lovely countryside. River is close, caves to lark about in and a hill to climb that gives you views from Ratcliffe on Soar to Ellesmere Port. BUT I'm still battling to get the camper through its MOT on Thursday so I can't really commit yet. Your thoughts?

Master-B
14th August 2012, 06:51 AM
Sounds good to me

coverco
14th August 2012, 09:44 AM
Hills and caves Julian, are you trying to put me off :p

Not sure if I can make it now, I am building a patio deck with Mike at the moment :-(

tommundy
14th August 2012, 10:11 AM
I won't be able to make it now as I'm packing all of my stuff up and having a big tidy ready to move flat next week. :(

@Mike - I've got a load of stuff to give you from the AGM. I'll give you a call tonight or tomorrow night!

coverco
14th August 2012, 10:19 AM
I won't be able to make it now as I'm packing all of my stuff up and having a big tidy ready to move flat next week. :(

@Mike - I've got a load of stuff to give you from the AGM. I'll give you a call tonight or tomorrow night!

Mike??? Do you mean me Tom?

tommundy
14th August 2012, 10:31 AM
Yes, just realised and came to post that very message, lol!

Master-B
14th August 2012, 12:19 PM
.my mate 3 doors up is very good mates with stu the organizer , i will go and twist some arms sunday to see if i can get us in

Any luck gary?

Master-B
14th August 2012, 12:20 PM
I think we all should go to JAE 7/8/9 September this is a great show that is basically run by IMOC and the Mk1 club attend its at a smashing location I have been for the last 3 year
Rick attends.
I have already sent for my ticket.
Bill.

Dates are no good for me unfortunately :-(

mk1 dal
14th August 2012, 02:25 PM
Any luck gary?

the only way we could get in would be to park in the top field as single entrants and not as the mk1 club , but this is to late now . its probably just as well we are not going , the place is already a swamp and the weather at the weekend looks awful . i think i will right this year now off for shows . the ticket dead line finished last Friday for jae , so it would cost me 120 pounds to get in if the wife and kids go on the gate , so im not going to that show either .

Master-B
14th August 2012, 04:22 PM
Bad Times, what a shame. Maybe we should just have our own little event somewhere with some of the imoc, oc etc people, or link something in to peaks Run 2?

Rick McRick
14th August 2012, 05:10 PM
JAE tickets are still available through the MR2OC until the 24th, but the tickets are per person and not per car so it would still cost Gary £120 to get everyone in.
However, Bill and myself will be at the show so would be brilliant to see some more Mk1s there.

mk1 dal
15th August 2012, 05:12 AM
Bad Times, what a shame. Maybe we should just have our own little event somewhere with some of the imoc, oc etc people, or link something in to peaks Run 2?
hi, if no one puts there names down for the run it wont be on either , the thread has gone for this event so i don't know how many are going , if only a few are turning up it wont be worth doing .

gary

tommundy
15th August 2012, 08:14 AM
the thread has gone for this event so i don't know how many are going , if only a few are turning up it wont be worth doing.
gary
Hi Gary,
I can see a thread for the 2nd Peak run for last year but not this year. Worth starting one? It'll be a good way to round off the year.
Cheers,
Tom

Rick McRick
15th August 2012, 02:08 PM
Posted on the Peaks 2 thread.

I could probably also encourage a few more people to join us if you don't us slowing you down.

Master-B
15th August 2012, 06:12 PM
Bill, fyi Martin (Doctor1987) just rang me, I gave him the bad news about the royal fail.

Lakelad
15th August 2012, 07:03 PM
I have just spoken to Bill and learnt the bad news (I have not been on the forums for a couple of weeks). It is a shame but I tend to agree with Gary that the weather will have really made the conditions at Tatton very poor for this year.

I have put my name down for the Peaks Run in September - lets hope its a good turnout.

Graham

mk1 dal
16th August 2012, 04:01 AM
Hi Gary,
I can see a thread for the 2nd Peak run for last year but not this year. Worth starting one? It'll be a good way to round off the year.
Cheers,
Tom

opps i must be losing it mate , i thought i saw one what bill did but it must have been from last year , scary how time fly's .

mk1 dal
16th August 2012, 04:13 AM
Posted on the Peaks 2 thread.

I could probably also encourage a few more people to join us if you don't us slowing you down.

i have no problem with that mate , it wont be the race mate i control the speeds and keep them safe and legal ,so if they want to join in the fun that's great .

mk1 dal
16th August 2012, 04:27 AM
I have just spoken to Bill and learnt the bad news (I have not been on the forums for a couple of weeks). It is a shame but I tend to agree with Gary that the weather will have really made the conditions at Tatton very poor for this year.

I have put my name down for the Peaks Run in September - lets hope its a good turnout.

Graham

great to hear your coming on the run mate , your north run is still the best going and awesome fun . this should be made in to a weekend event so the members south of the country could attend and camp in the glorious surrounds around the lakes and blow there minds on the road we take for granted .

bill hulme
16th August 2012, 06:19 AM
I have put up the 2nd peak run please go to that, so new people can read your banter on that.
bill.

julianw
16th August 2012, 11:21 AM
Gary, I sent you a pm

Lakelad
16th August 2012, 06:58 PM
great to hear your coming on the run mate , your north run is still the best going and awesome fun . this should be made in to a weekend event so the members south of the country could attend and camp in the glorious surrounds around the lakes and blow there minds on the road we take for granted .

Thanks Gary - it sounds like a good idea - we could perhaps develop it further when we next all meet up.

Good news the car passed its MOT today - two new rear tyres and they assure me that dodgy brake light (the one everybody keeps telling me to fix) is now sorted!!

Master-B
16th August 2012, 07:08 PM
Glad to hear it lives on for another year :-D

Neil_turbo
17th August 2012, 10:48 AM
Only just reading this - gutted for you guys! won't be the same!

We have had some drop outs, and i am sure we can get the plates on the tickets changed.

Despite late notice if anyone still wants to come call me - 07791 993 650

Cheers

Neil

tommundy
17th August 2012, 10:54 AM
Cheers for posting up Neil!

I can't make it myself now, but am sure a few of our members would love the opportunity to still be at Tatton.

Thanks again mate!
Cheers,
Tom

mk1 dal
17th August 2012, 11:49 AM
hi neil , i cant make it now mate ( working ) . i have now got tickets to jae so i should see you there . have a good show .

gary

coverco
17th August 2012, 05:04 PM
Only just reading this - gutted for you guys! won't be the same!

We have had some drop outs, and i am sure we can get the plates on the tickets changed.

Despite late notice if anyone still wants to come call me - 07791 99 650

Cheers

Neil

Damn, I just read this. I am now unable to go as I made other plans but it is a great offer Neil, hopefully next year we will get it sorted. Have a great show and say hello to all the Toyota Performance people. I hope the sun shines for you.