PDA

View Full Version : Mk1a body panels in red

charged
13th May 2012, 08:13 PM
I've let the rust and paint fade get the better of my beloved Mk1a.

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/05/IMG_0991-1.jpg

I've owned her since 2005, I'm the second owner and she's fairly low mileage. I want to fix her up for my father to use.

I really want to get her ship shape again. I'm after a few bits and pieces in the original red colour

Front and rear bumper - must be Mk1a and red, as per picture
Engine cover
Bonnet
Spoiler
Bootlid
Front valence sections

If you have any of the above please get in touch, I'm not in a particular rush

Thanks

Ollie

neiljones308
13th May 2012, 11:44 PM
Hi Ollie,
I have a Mk1a front and rear bumper, but they are the slightly later type (still flat front) that are colour coded and have the grey stripe.
Yes i have a good front bonnet in red.
Yes i have a good engine cover in red.
I think i have a boot lid and spoiler, but they might need a polish to bring back to bright red.
No front pannels.

I love the Lamborghini Miura next door.

charged
14th May 2012, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the reply, I really do want red mk1a parts which I can just bolt straight on so the front and rear bumpers must be 1a (85/early 86) not cross over, ideally also I want all panels from the same car, long shot I know. I was kind of hoping someone would pop up who was breaking a true 1a in red..

Also need doors, petrol filler cover and any other removable panels apart from wings.

The Miura was lovely but I think he got a bit worried when I went past him completely sideways around luffield, with my brakes on fire : )

neiljones308
14th May 2012, 04:50 PM
I understand you want bits to go striaght on. To be honest, 99% of Mk1a MR2s that still have good unfaded paint will have been well looked after, and not be broken for spares. Every body panel apart from the bumpers and front panels will be the same as the Mk1b, but trying to get a perfect colour match might be tricky. Most have had at least 1 respray in their lives.

The last time i went past a Lamborghini, my pants were on fire ;0)

tommundy
14th May 2012, 05:37 PM
Hi Ollie,
I think I have some 1a parts back home. I'll check for you when I'm next there; either this weekend or next. I am pretty sure I have a rear bumper and the front valance sections at least.
Cheers,
Tom