PDA

View Full Version : NW -DynoDay -Saturday 30/06/12 -Autosport North,Merseyside

Rick McRick
12th May 2012, 07:27 AM
Just extending this invite to you guys from MartinR over on MR2OC...

Hey Guys (and girls ),

Its been very quiet over the Winter months but summer is almost here now! Lets try and not start this summer with a bang

Ive been speaking to a Daniel Watson from AutosportNorth.com which is based in Merseyside (right next to the Mersey Tunnels). Saturday 30/06/2012 (pending confirmation early next week) is the penciled-in date.

"I have a Dynapack 4000 (1100hp) hub dyno on site, more than happy with Mid-Engined cars (we managed the power verification for the Porsche Cup a few years back) and have two main (4ft) axial fans which are mobile, and two mobile radial (water-wheel style) fans that can cool pritty much anything! The reason being, most of my work is with the Lotus Elise/Exige, so having good cooling for mid-engines is a priority!

We're located in a quiet estate just off the Dock road, in wallasey - Very easy access from the M53 (2 minutes from Junction 1). The Postcode is CH41 1JJ. Also, only 5 minutes from the King and Queensway mersey tunnels.

Here's the best source for info, but I need to add more pictures yet -> http://www.facebook.com/autosportnorth <-
Only been onsite here for just over 6 months, as this is an extension of a business from Essex. However, I've been tuning for 13 years and have previously worked for Abbott Racing, Abbey Motorsport, Sinclaire Motorsport and Torque Developments International"
**Since this message, the main website (as above) seems to have been finished**

What I like about this Dyno, is they take the Drive wheels off the car and attach the dyo directly to the Hub of the car.
ALSO, Autosport North has dealings with Motorcycles, which means it also has a Motorcycle Dyno onsite. I have asked about the usage of this and he's said that it wouldn't be an issue to include Motorcycles in our Dynoday should any wish to take part

PRICES are as follows:
Cars (2wd only) - £25
Bikes - £20
A non refunable deposit of £10 per vehicle to be paid on a first come first serve basis (tbc how)
Limited to 15 cars AND 8 bikes at the moment (If enough interest, we may be able to raise that limit but only if enough interest)

Naturally, this meet is OPEN to Mk1club, ROC, IMOC members and Close Friends should they wish to attend. Although, I will only be using this website to post details. This means that either each member will have to sign upto MR2OC website OR an idividual from each club can 'pass on' details to each forum, Im happy with both methods

Im going to try and keep this thread nice and clean so will 'trim' the thread if we get carried away with banter, dont be offended as I am only trying to keep the thread clean.

SO, Anybody interested?

Jimbo_Jet
12th May 2012, 08:29 AM
Yeah I would be, need to check my diary (my Missus) but I'd be up for this. Would be nice to see if Chris' car is any quicker with it's new go-faster stripes! :)

Rick McRick
13th May 2012, 10:07 PM
There is a good 10bhp in those stripes, plus the 5bhp from his recent gear bearing upgrade I think he would break the dyno!!

Master-B
15th May 2012, 09:29 AM
There is a good 10bhp in those stripes, plus the 5bhp from his recent gear bearing upgrade I think he would break the dyno!!

Ha ha, well we will never know for sure. I appear to be bleeding cash at the min & I have blitzed my MR2 budget for the year already, so will have to pass on this, sorry.

coverco
15th May 2012, 06:39 PM
It is your own fault Kris for buying that Noddy van, you need to show that wife of yours who is boss and make her sleep in a tent. I shall deny all knowledge of this post should you mention it to Alison :-)

Master-B
15th May 2012, 06:47 PM
Arf

Jimbo_Jet
15th May 2012, 08:15 PM
It is your own fault Kris for buying that Noddy van, you need to show that wife of yours who is boss and make her sleep in a tent. I shall deny all knowledge of this post should you mention it to Alison :-)

#Like#

;-)

Rick McRick
17th May 2012, 11:33 PM
Why add go faster stripes if you don't have the figures to back them up?

MartinR
18th May 2012, 10:07 PM
Hey guys. I don't come on here very often (due to not owning a mk1 ;) ), but Rick summed it up.
After the success of the gokarting last year I was happy to invite the mk1club.

I didn't actually know the mk1club was available on the tapatalk app, so will now be able to check back more often than I used too.

If anyone has any questions then by all means, post and I'll answer ASAP. Hope to see a mk1 on the "rollers" :D

MartinR
2nd June 2012, 06:02 PM
Nobody fancy it? I won't bump the thread anymore ;) promise, ha.