PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to buy a years membership as a gift for someone else?

Rick McRick
10th May 2012, 06:17 PM
The short version is, I want to sell my car and (assuming its bought by a non member) include in the sale a years membership to this forum.

The long version, my car has been off the road for a long time due to a mystery ignition problem. Paul Woods offered lots of knowledge, expertise and parts and Bill Hulme gave up his own time and effort to come to me, TWICE, loaning me parts and knowledge and effort and got the thing going.

I was very reluctant to accept so much help as I only wanted to get the car going to sell it on as I just can't afford to keep it on the road myself. However Paul and Bill where still both very happy to help as it was the car they wanted to save from the scrap heap.

So, with saving the car from the scrap heap in mind, I would like to include in the sale of the car 1 years free membership to this club, paid for by me, redeemed by the buyer. This way, hopefully the car will stay in the club and will not just be broken for spares, and hopefully we'll get a new friend and member in the north west.

So, is there a way for me to pay the club for a years full membership and then someone else take up that membership?

Many thanks in advance

Rick

coverco
10th May 2012, 06:59 PM
PM Tom Mundy he should be able to help Rick.

Master-B
10th May 2012, 07:06 PM
Thats a great idea. I guess if Tom cant come up with a clever way of doing it you could just knock £25 off the price and then force them to register themselves before you hand the keys over :-D

I tell you what though, offering a gift voucher membership option might not be a bad shout.

Rick McRick
10th May 2012, 07:26 PM
Cheers for the pointer guys.

I doubt it would be feasible to develop the functionality just for me, but is there is a manual way it could be done. I just pay the club the money now, tell the new owner to sign up, contact who ever, and they will apply the pre-paid membership to their account.

I'll drop Tom a PM

tommundy
11th May 2012, 10:02 AM
Hi Rick,

That's a great idea and something I can easily accommodate. Once you've sold the car ask the buyer to register on the forum and let you know their username. We'll then sort out the payment and I will upgrade their account. :)

Cheers,
Tom

Rick McRick
11th May 2012, 01:14 PM
Brilliant, thanks for that, I think it's the best way to make sure it goes to someone who's going to keep it on the road and drive it :)