PDA

View Full Version : Oukie’s dad takes mk 1 to france

Mouton Rouge
22nd April 2012, 08:47 PM
Hello everyone this is Oukie’s dad here.

My name is Raymond, I am English, I have lived in Scotland for the last 25 years and have recently retired to live in Brittany France with my AW11.
My french is not very good yet but I have just started going to classes.

Mon français n'est pas très bon encore, mais je viens de commencé à aller aux classes.

I bought my 1989 MR2 Mk1b T-Bar from my son Chris (Oukie) in 1999 and have carried out a number of minor modifications to it over the years.

I have fitted two new Toyota front wings and have also refurbished the rear wheel arches.

Modifications that I have carried out have been fairly simple and include:-
Manual choke with electronic timer
LED Day Light Running lights
Illuminated switches for both Heated Rear Window and Rear Fog Light
Switch for 5v power to Sat Nav
Auto up for drivers window
Wiper variable delay modification
Sleepy Eyes / Winking Eyes mod incorporating mercury tilt switch (never completed)
Interior Courtesy light delay and dimmer (ongoing project)
Magnex Exhaust
LHD headlights bought from Toyota France

My first task in France is for me to obtain french registration and I am currently trying to get an “attestation d’identification” from Toyota France. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Ma première tâche en France est pour moi d'obtenir l'enregistrement français et je suis en train d'essayer d'obtenir une "attestation d'identification" de Toyota France. Toute aide à ce sujet serait appréciée.

oukie
23rd April 2012, 02:48 PM
Hello Dad, :) Welcome to the club

Chris

Mouton Rouge
23rd April 2012, 07:22 PM
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the welcome.
I have a number of photos to put up as soon as I am able to.

Dad

Kateg28
23rd April 2012, 07:50 PM
Hello Chris's Dad! I think we met at JAE 2 years ago? The year that Chris won the best mk1 on the stand. I had a Mica Blue one there but have changed it since.

Bonjour ma petite choux fleur. Comment ca va? J'espere que il sera bon en France.

I am done now with my French

edited due to my son messing

Sweetpea
23rd April 2012, 10:45 PM
My inlaws retired to Brittany a couple of years ago. They are about an hour south of Rennes. Nice spot really, the coast near there is corking.
Interestingly the other brits in the area have started coming back to Blighty since they settled. I pass no further comment for fear of getting found out!
Where are you?

James

Mouton Rouge
24th April 2012, 08:18 PM
Hello Kateg,
Yes we did meet at the JAE. That whole weekend was a great one.
I expect Chris has still got the china mug he won.
Regards

Mouton Rouge
24th April 2012, 08:27 PM
Hi James,

We are almost in the centre of Brittany in Mael Carhaix, Cotes d'Armor.
Nearly all of the roads round here would be classed as country lanes in the UK, so ideal driving conditions.
Have only just settled in so no intentions of returning to UK

Raymond

oukie
5th May 2012, 10:47 AM
Hi Dad perhaps you could try to PM the couple of French members on here (in french if posible) as this might be the best way to find out some of the questions you have about registering the mk1 in France.

Chris

jimi
5th May 2012, 11:25 AM
I wondered where you had disappeared to Ray :) hope your keeping well.
Jimi

Mouton Rouge
6th May 2012, 07:25 PM
Hi Chris,
That’s a great idea.
I sent an email to Toyota in France some four weeks ago requesting information to enable me to register my aw11.
So far I have not had any reply!!
Tyre size seems to be one of the most contentious issues.
I'll let you know how I get on with my French PM's.
Dad

Mouton Rouge
6th May 2012, 07:37 PM
Hi Jimi,
I'm keeping well thanks. Moved to France a year ago now. MR2 going well and the mods you helped me with are, of course, still working perfectly.
Best Regards,
Ray

oukie
9th May 2012, 09:37 PM
HI Dad, just put the original wheels on I gave you then put your alloys on after the test etc.

Chris

Moutonnoir
15th May 2012, 07:27 PM
hello and welcome here.
To approve an AW11 in France it is very difficult because they were not sold in France, so Toyota will issue a certificate of noncompliance and after you have loads of paperwork to do, and very expensive
why not leave your car registration in English if you have a home over there? it is simpler
sorry for my english, thank you translators

Mouton Rouge
16th May 2012, 08:46 AM
Bonjour Moutonnoir et Merci
Thank you for your help and advice.
Why couldn’t life be a lot simpler?