PDA

View Full Version : Retiring

bill hulme
2nd April 2012, 06:49 PM
Hi All, I am retiring as the Northwest organiser, When The Tatton Park Show finishes on the 4th of June,
If anyone would like to take my place I will give them my support, should they need it,
You would Have a smashing bunch of friend to work with,
I would like to thank all that have supported me over the years in making the N/west the most active area in the Club.
My thanks to you all Bill.

tommundy
2nd April 2012, 07:18 PM
You've been a credit to the North West region and to the club as a whole Bill and have helped (or solely) organised some of the best events in the region over the years. I hope you'll continue to join us at the events that you've worked so hard on over the years. The smashing bunch of friends you mention are there to help you if you ever need it in other areas of your life too mate!

Looking forward to sharing a bacon butty and some conversation at Tatton in June!

Cheers,
Tom

coverco
2nd April 2012, 07:26 PM
Sorry to hear that Bill, I hope all is well. Are you still going to attend Tatton in August assuming someone organises it. I will see you in June if not before, take care mate.
Cheers
Tommy

Master-B
2nd April 2012, 07:38 PM
Nnnnnooooooooo!!! Bill Im really sorry to hear this, you have done a great job in the nw it certainly has been fun over the last couple of years, it certainly appears to be the best organised region and that is all down to your hard work mate. The tatton show is a great way to sign off B-)

Jimbo_Jet
3rd April 2012, 07:09 AM
Nnnnnooooooooo!!!

I concur with Chris. You've done a fantastic job over the years Bill and I'm sure it's very much appreciated by all in the North West, and many outside of it. Won't be the same without you at the helm.

Thanks for all your hard work :clap:

kevin..in
3rd April 2012, 09:21 AM
but Bill you are only a slip of a lad! here's hoping your retirement is a very very long one, Bill Hulme, absolute top chap and a privilidge to know

88mister2
3rd April 2012, 09:45 AM
I agree with all the previous comments, you will be hard to replace. We still have a few months to talk you out of retiring. Hope to see you on the Wales run, weather and petrol permitting!

Jimbo_Jet
3rd April 2012, 09:48 AM
We still have a few months to talk you out of retiring.

Would some assistance help?

T n T
4th April 2012, 11:04 AM
Thats bad news I only met you a couple of times but it was a privilage. Hope to see you at the next meet at the Wggin tree and at Tatton and may see around Bolton.
Trev (TnT) another Bowton lad.

Gilles27
4th April 2012, 12:52 PM
Sorry to hear that Bill. I met you on the Lakes Run last month when I brought my 15 year old daughter. I was worried that she'd feel bored or out of place, but you immediately put her at ease. On the way home she said you were 'cool' - high praise indeed from a 15 year old, and I must say I agree with her!

Rick McRick
4th April 2012, 05:49 PM
Bill - you've been great at organising things, your successor has a lot to live up to. You made every meet worth coming to. Will be sad to see you step down, but I hope you'll still be along for the meets.

Kris - Are you going to step up to the challenge?!

julianw
4th April 2012, 06:02 PM
You've set the mark high Bill! Welcoming, well organised, highly active, supportive. You've brought all these qualities to the club and made the North West region the same. Thanks Bill. It is a pleasure knowing you and to have joined the club during your tenure.
Julian

Master-B
5th April 2012, 11:28 AM

Kris - Are you going to step up to the challenge?!

Not sure I have enough spare time mate, we might have to go "team north west" on it if no-one puts their hand up.

Jimbo_Jet
5th April 2012, 11:49 AM
Might not be a bad idea Kris?

We need someone who has spare time and a drive for it, pardon the pun ;) and bit like, well errrrr Bill.

Failing that it might need to be a team effort?

Master-B
5th April 2012, 03:32 PM
If no one person can commit, I reckon team effort could be the future, seems to work well over on MR2OC, they still have an LAO but he delegates - it looks quite competitive to see who can dream up the best meet.

Rick McRick
5th April 2012, 04:04 PM
If no one person can commit, I reckon team effort could be the future, seems to work well over on MR2OC, they still have an LAO but he delegates - it looks quite competitive to see who can dream up the best meet.

The MR2OC meet at a different place every month, usually for food.

It's the Regional Reps responsibility to organise this.

The limitation is that the RR mostly only knows his local area, so this year he came up with the 'Come Dine With Me' style where by each month a name is picked out the hat and we travel to that members local area and they recommend and organise a good eatery.
There was some talk of a prize for the best meet at the end of the year.

In the short term you guys could come along to the MR2OC meets until we organise something else? They loved my Mk1 when I turned up in it and at the next meet I believe SnowTiger of TwoBrutal will joining us in his Mk1 V6 2GR-FE conversion.

If anyone is interested I'll pass the details on over here.

coverco
5th April 2012, 10:04 PM
I am glad in live in Yorkshire, you Lancashire people are so dramatic ;-)

Seriously though Bill is a hard act to follow, we all love Tatton and the runs in the chilly North. Let's wait until June at Tatton and try to convince Bill to keep doing what he does best and that is gathering us all together to get drunk and talk about MK1s. Let's make Tatton the best attended show ever to show Mr Hulme how much he means to us :-)

Rick McRick
7th April 2012, 08:56 AM
I am glad in live in Yorkshire, you Lancashire people are so dramatic ;-)

Seriously though Bill is a hard act to follow, we all love Tatton and the runs in the chilly North. Let's wait until June at Tatton and try to convince Bill to keep doing what he does best and that is gathering us all together to get drunk and talk about MK1s. Let's make Tatton the best attended show ever to show Mr Hulme how much he means to us :-)

+1

julianw
17th April 2012, 02:12 PM
I like Douglas (The Silver Fox) and Tom Mundy's idea - 'a Yorkshire meet with a difference' - all hands to the pump to help him get his engine out. Is this something that other members would like to pursue? The opportunity to blitz some part of their maintenance or restoration work with extra hands/tools/experience? (There is always the danger that month after month, a big group would descend on Gary/mk1dal's garage and stand around drinking tea while watching him do his virtuoso work but that's not my intention at all!). There are many jobs that I just don't tackle on my car, or at least start with a large dose of trepidation (cries of 'You wuss!' 'Have at it, lad!' etc.) for a lack of moral support/backup/shoulder to cry on etc. :) Does anyone else suffer with this affliction?

Jimbo_Jet
17th April 2012, 03:30 PM
I agree and am in a similar situation to Chris above. Would mean we end up touring the North West a bit as well so may get some more visitors?

coverco
17th April 2012, 04:21 PM
Only problem is we would have to come to scouse land to help you out Kris :-)

My son and I will be at Douglas's house on Saturday (not too early though) and will help with the engine removal and replacement. I think it is a great idea and have done welding and other jobs for various members of the different clubs over the years. Sometimes it is just useful for someone else to have a look at a car and give advice or reassurance.

Rick McRick
17th April 2012, 10:31 PM
I'd be up for it.

Ollyowl
30th April 2012, 12:32 PM
Hi Bill,

Sorry to hear you are retiring from the NW area organisers job. I hope your successor has as much fun and involvement as you.

Hope you are still able to manage to attend the meets and shows.

All the best for the future,

John Redmond (Ex NWest LAO)