PDA

View Full Version : Brand new Apex lowering springs !

lgreen5
28th March 2012, 11:43 AM
Hi all, there are just to many stupid speed bumps around where i live so decided not to put them on.

Pictures will follow but they are brand new, inbox unfitted.

Im looking for £100 ONO + postage

Im based in sheffield

Cheers

Lewis

lgreen5
28th March 2012, 05:02 PM
Anyone interested I can move on price!

lgreen5
29th March 2012, 05:00 PM
Now lowered to £80 + postage

Cheers

Lewis

lgreen5
5th April 2012, 07:14 PM
Pictures attached

£70 final offer

lgreen5
7th April 2012, 09:25 PM
£60 ?

autobody
7th April 2012, 10:34 PM
Very cheap and a absolute bargain for someone , I put a set of these on my se. Cos me 80 plus postage.

lgreen5
8th April 2012, 07:35 AM
I'm very tempted to just fit them, just not sure about ride height and bottoming out. How did you find them?

autobody
8th April 2012, 11:06 AM
Well I have not driven my car with them fitted, only loaded it on the transporter and parked in the garden. They don't too low, but that could be cos they have not been driven on yet. Hopefully next year I will have the car on the road.

lgreen5
8th April 2012, 01:02 PM
I hope you get it sorted. Do you have any pics with them on?

Cheers

Lewis

samwell
28th April 2012, 09:35 PM
Hi Lewis,
Would you take £55 collected for them? What's the actual drop?
Cheers,
Sam (Also in Sheffield)

lgreen5
29th April 2012, 06:15 AM
Hi Sam, sorry I got them fitted in the end. It's a 30 mm drop. Looks really good with 15" just so you Know for future reference.

Lewis

samwell
29th April 2012, 11:46 AM
OK cool mate. I saw a post saying you worked at the University. I'm just about to graduate but might see each other around if you're on the road too?

lgreen5
4th May 2012, 12:03 PM
Hi sam, i used to work there a few years ago. I know work for fripp design, just near the large wind turbines and the large morrisions.

Try and get your self on the peaks run.

Its my firt run to should be good.

Cheers

Lewis

samwell
5th May 2012, 02:13 PM
that looks like a great place to work. I'm just graduating with a Masters in Mech Eng, what's your field? I know the place, dyu ever get to see those wind turbines move?

lgreen5
5th May 2012, 03:11 PM
They are currently taking two old turbines down at the moment, I studied industrial design at hallam and also did a masters in it to.

You planning on going on any runs?

I think the peaks run will be great.

So what color mr2 have you got?

Cheers

lewis

coverco
5th May 2012, 04:01 PM
I hope to see you guys on the Peaks run. Can I just ask a quick question, I have BSc (2:1) in Mech Eng, yes it is a BSc and not a Beng. Now when I graduated you could become chartered with a BSc, now it appears you need a MSc (or is it Meng) to become chartered. Does that mean they have dumbed down the normal degree?

samwell
7th May 2012, 12:09 AM
Tommy; You can still get chartered with a BEng as I understand it but its a significantly longer route with additional training. The MSc is something quite different, its a 1 or two year postgrad but half taught like something between a normal masters and a Phd.

Lewis; Mine' white, or at least it used to be. The paint is so bad on almost every panel. Front end and roof are the worst though. Going to try vynil wrapping as the amount of prep required to sort my paint out would be endless. I'm more interested in the oily parts though tbh.

lgreen5
11th May 2012, 06:58 AM
Yeh that vynil wrapping looks good. Not sure cost though or how long it lasts?

Could be an idea. Would be good if you wanted to go two tone.

Cheers

Lewis