PDA

View Full Version : Mewbie from Scotland

munter
13th March 2012, 12:12 PM
Just bought myself a MK1 Japanese import Supercharger.

Now needing to organise insurance and so would be greatful if anyone can outline how I become a member here? The online form doesn't seem to have a "buy" button. Would be good to get membership so I can take advantage of the insurance discounts!

On that note any good recommendations for insurance? Best quote I have so far is from Footman James at £270 FC @ 4500 miles.

Thanks
Paul

Kateg28
13th March 2012, 01:36 PM
Hello!

Welcome to the club. The car looks nice (saw it on IMOC). Shame you are so far away as I would have liked to see it in real life.

I am paying £300 for my insurance but isn't on classic insurance as I imported it from Ireland and couldn't get a classic to insure it whilst Eire registed. Insurance is due soon so will see but I was very happy with the service (Sky) and feel comfortable that in the even of a claim, I would have less stress with them. Unless their quote is massively out of kilter, I will be considering them.

Be careful to compare like for like though, everyone always looks at the premium but never at what is included. For example my daily drive has insurance that covers driving other cars and I find this useful so wouldn't want to lose it. I may save £10 elsewhere but might lose that addition. However I would happily lose courtesy car additional cover as we have 3 cars between us and I commute by train!

oukie
22nd March 2012, 08:44 PM
Hi Paul just down the road from you In Glenrothes

Chris