PDA

View Full Version : New arrival!!

reject.ed
8th March 2012, 07:55 PM
Hi folks, just bought my first mr2. It's a 1990 G plate, in mica blue. It's a bit of a project, bought as a bit of a bad runner but i have since sorted the misfire given it a decent service, oil, coolant, brakes an the usual borig stuff. It is now MOT'd an loving my new daily runner. However the leaky roof is a bit irritating and any tips on how to remedy this would be amazing.
Plus would like to know if there are any members who live in the lincs/sth yorks area for advice and general shits and giggles.
Finally does any one know any decent body shops at a reasonable price as most people i've seen have basically said they don't want to take on spraying and repairing the body as it is a bit on the "ropey" side. Cheers guys Ed

Master-B
8th March 2012, 10:24 PM
Hi Ed, welcome... tommundy is the yorkshire lao... There are a load of events on through the year, runs, shows, meets... Tom put a list up there ^^^ yesterday for whats going on. Cant really advise on any bodyshops on your side of the pennines BUT if you search the site you will find there is a member in buxton who may be able to help you ;-)

Kateg28
9th March 2012, 08:48 AM
Welcome to the club. Hmmn, someone in the Yorkshire area who can help with repairing and respraying and general resurrecting of Mk1s? Is there anyone there I wonder?

I think you will become very good friends with Gary (Mk1Dal).

From evidence I have seen, all he needs is an indicator lens, a steering wheel, a flat tyre and a toyota badge and he can provide a fully working show standard car. In a weekend.

The rest of us are baffled by him.

By the way, my last car (went to Gary to be restored) was Mica blue and it is probably my second favourite standard colour (after my one)

reject.ed
9th March 2012, 10:23 PM
Cheers guys, I have stumbled across a former owner who has agreed to spray the car and weld in some new rear arches and restore the little gem to a much better shine and appearance, and he lives just down the road from me, a big bonus. I think nostalgia got the better of him as he had 2 in the past. Will be sorting my membership on here this weekend and will put some pictures of my project on.
After a little digging i've noticed a few people with mk 2 interiors, are these a direct swap or will there be some work involved???
Have noticed the donnington day an think that's a must so hope to meet a few people there. Cheers for the responses.!!!