PDA

View Full Version : Open Invitation to all Ireland events

MR2MK1
21st February 2012, 08:26 PM
Hi all
I would like to invite anyone out there to attend any of our Ireland events in 2012

At the moment i have confirmed dates for 4 static events with the major ones this year being Mosney Car show on Sunday 10th June 2012 and the Kilbroney Vintage Show on Saturday 16th June 2012 .(Rostrevor)

http://www.kilbroneyvintageshow.com/

Why not join Richard Brett our club Chairman who is bringing his MR2 MK1 V6 over along with his friend Mike Savory who is bringing Sherwood Green MK1a over (Everyone else welcome as well).I think they will be attending Mount Stewart as well (T.B.C)

link to entry forms for Kilbroney below

http://www.kilbroneyvintageshow.com/info.html

Events To Date

Unfortunately i have been informed that to date there will be no Ballymena show this year but i will keep you all posted on this .

Ultimate car show Larne Sunday 25th March 2012

Mosney Car show Sunday 10th June 2012

Kilbroney Vintage Show Saturday 16th June 2012

Mount Stewart Vehicles of yester year Sunday 17th June 2012

More to follow please contact for entry forms

Anyone wishing to attend any of these event please drop me a line ASAP so i can gauge numbers

Regards
Colin
LAO
IRELAND

charged
22nd February 2012, 09:22 AM
Hi Colin,

is there any events going on up by the North coast (Portrush area) which you mk1'ers will be attending?

Cheers

Ollie

MR2MK1
22nd February 2012, 01:22 PM
Not sure what's happening at the moment but we usually have a run up round that area at some point in the year.
I have not got a full list of events for the year as not all have been confirmed .
I will post them when I receive moe information.
Coin

old petrolhead
22nd February 2012, 01:58 PM
That is right Colin, we will be attending both shows. It only remains to book hotel reservations & the ferry.

Looking forward to meet all you guys at last.

Cheers

Richard

MR2MK1
22nd February 2012, 02:14 PM
Richard
I will be In touch over the next week or so .
Glad you guys can make it looking forward to it
Colin

Shaner
15th June 2012, 12:23 AM
Hello fellow Irish Mk1 enthusiasts!

I live in Dublin and have just imported a 1988 Mica Blue SC (from the UK). I have only had it about 3 weeks, but as I have just got it re-registered and have the new plates & tax all sorted I was thinking on taking it for a run up to Kilbroney on Saturday.

It's been many years since I was last at the show - what's the story with exhibiting - is there a club stand where you guys will all be?

I'm not 100% sure I can make it yet, but I would certainly like to come along to see your cars and maybe pick up some tips and advice about my own.

Also do you know there is a "Classic Car Live" show in Mondello Park on the Sunday? I'm hoping to go to this as well.

Maybe see some of you either of these events - look out for an 88-D Supercharger!

Shane.

MR2MK1
15th June 2012, 05:15 AM
No problem Shane you are more than welcome to join us would be good to meet you.We will have a club stand so should not be hard to find us .Gates open for entrants around 8 and close about 1 and I think there is a £10 entry fee on the day .
Hope to see you there
Colin

MR2MK1
15th June 2012, 10:57 AM
Shane update on the show Gates will close for entry's at 12 noon
Colin

MR2MK1
15th June 2012, 11:15 AM
UPDATE
There are a few rumours going about that the Kilbroney Show will be cancelled due to the weather. Can I reassure everyone that it is going ahead. If you recall last year on the Friday it rained very heavily all day and we got a nice day for it on the Saturday. So don't panic and come along for what will be a great day out for all the family.
This has been circulated by the show organisers
Colin