PDA

View Full Version : Possible Meet??

mk1bexwa
19th February 2012, 09:35 AM
Hello All,

I know it has been a long time but the better weather will be here soon so lets try and get a meet sorted.

All are welcome I was thinking we could meet at a pub or somewhere and have a convoy to a pub, have a nice chat get to meet each other talk about the cars and take some pictures.

I'm thinking maybe sometime in March/April, any thoughts on places would be great I know we are spread far and wide but I'm sure we can sort something out.

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Beckie

warny1
22nd February 2012, 01:09 PM
Hi All,

Yes it's been a while but hopefully Spring is just around the corner! I'm up for meeting up soon (I'm in Cambridge).

Cheers,

Mark

sandbagstu
23rd February 2012, 07:30 PM
Hi.
Would love to get together with other owners. At weekends Im in Norfolk and weekdays Im in Lincolnshire. Maybe a run to the seaside before the season gets busy?? Yarmouth?? Cromer?? Skegness??
Whatever you guys decide...I'm up for it...sooner the better!

All the Best

Stu

mk1bexwa
27th February 2012, 08:44 AM
yeah a drive up to the coast sounds great.

will have to be a weekend but i will have a look at some places and will sort some dates out and see what we can do.

Beckie

sandbagstu
5th March 2012, 09:51 AM
Look forward to it... may be open it up to adjacent areas like SE or Mids groups? They might enjoy a day at the seaside too and ...as always..the more the merrier!!

Stu

superwhite90
12th March 2012, 12:33 PM
My MR2 will be ready in April

Just had my twin pots fitted and my god the front brakes look monsterous!

I'll be up for a tame meet in April - Coastal run sounds awesome though!

superwhite90
11th April 2012, 02:35 PM
Any movement on this?

mk1bexwa
23rd April 2012, 07:34 AM
Hoping to get a meet sorted for the nicer weather.

superwhite90
23rd April 2012, 08:05 AM
My car is almost ready, got my issue with my twin pots sorted and its pay day in 5 days :)

mk1bexwa
31st May 2012, 10:34 AM
Ok everyone

How do you fancy a meet this bank holiday?

ub80
1st June 2012, 06:33 AM
I'd fancy looking on some other MR2s to see how certain things should look like on my car ;)

mk1bexwa
1st June 2012, 12:18 PM
yeah sounds good not sure which day would be best but either monday or tuesday

ub80
2nd June 2012, 08:17 PM
Is there even anyone around this long weekend or are the few "locals" attending the Tatton Park show?

mk1bexwa
3rd June 2012, 09:59 AM
I am hoping to go out in my car either tomorrow or tuesday. Although it looks like no one wants to do this we could meet up and have a mini meet lol

ub80
3rd June 2012, 11:02 AM
Well - if you let me know where you are going we could just do that.

mk1bexwa
4th June 2012, 08:15 AM
Yeah sounds good. Ok I think we going to try and go round the coast this afternoon if ANYONE wants to come.

Drewski
26th August 2012, 02:49 PM
Did you ever go for your coast run that you mentioned ? Any plans for any more meets / get togethers ? Appreciate Summer is nearly over (did it actually start ?) but have only just finally got 'old faithful' back from the garage after an absence of 2 years !

mk1bexwa
27th August 2012, 06:55 PM
Hi

Yeah I went alone as no one else wanted to come.

Anytime you fancy a meet up let me know. Are you going to JAE this year?

Beckie

Drewski
9th September 2012, 03:18 PM
Apologies for the late reply, was kind of waiting for an email from the website to advise there'd been a reply (would have been a long wait !) Is there much interest in general at the moment ? Things seem at a little bit of a low ebb ! Must be honest, have only ever been to one meet before, that was back in 2007. We met in Wymondham and drove to Cambridge and back, stopping for a meal and to meet up with some others from different parts of the region. Was quite enjoyable though ! After that it all went quiet and then my car was in the garage for a couple of years anyway... Come the end of September 'she' should finally be back in the warmth and dry of the garage - due to building work the garage at the moment looks like a builder's yard ! Would be interested in a meet maybe early part of next month ? Won't be going to the JAE though, have to be honest don't know when it is, it may have already been and gone !

mk1bexwa
10th September 2012, 07:44 AM
To be honest there has been hardly any interest in a meet.

I would be up for a get together next month when were you thinking?

Beckie

Drewski
13th September 2012, 07:07 PM
Hi Beckie,
As I thought with the interest....
Think I should be free about mid part of October, just before the clocks go back ! Where and when did you have the last get together and how many people turned up ?
Drew

mk1bexwa
19th September 2012, 07:58 PM
I think the last meet there was a grand total of 3 mk1s and that was at snetterton a couple of years ago.

October sounds fine where were you thinking?
Beckie

Drewski
22nd September 2012, 11:09 AM
Hi Beckie,

Blimey, that's not many is it ? Where has everyone else got to ?!? Anywhere would be fine, I'm easy ! Appreciate living where I do I'm going to have to travel a little bit so it's not a problem, will let you decide !

Drew

warny1
4th October 2012, 01:30 PM
Hi Beckie,

Blimey, that's not many is it ? Where has everyone else got to ?!? Anywhere would be fine, I'm easy ! Appreciate living where I do I'm going to have to travel a little bit so it's not a problem, will let you decide !

Drew

Hi All,

I'm in Cambridge and it's been ages so definately up for a meet! Hope we can get something organised this month

mk1bexwa
9th October 2012, 09:06 AM
How does the weekend of the 27th/28th sound?

What would people prefer, go to a pub and have a drink(non alcoholic for the drivers :)) maybe some food, or meet up somewhere and go for a drive?

Beckie

Drewski
18th October 2012, 08:47 PM
Have to be honest that weekend will be a little too soon for me Beckie. The work on our house has taken a little longer than anticipated and my car won't be housed back in it's rightful place until the 28th itself. The week after that I'm in Spain so any weekend 10th/11th Nov onwards I will be free ! Oh and maybe combine both, pub (non-alcoholic drink of course!), a little food and a short drive somehwere too ?

Drew

Drewski
13th November 2012, 10:26 PM
OK, finally got my car back so if anyone fancies a meet then let me know as I'm now raring to go !

Drew