PDA

View Full Version : 2,3,4 june 2012 tatton park classic and performance car show & auto jumble

bill hulme
30th January 2012, 02:14 PM
Only 15 tickets are available for each day of this event. Preference will have to be on the following pattern:

1. Full members only can apply up to 1st April, by contacting me before that date either by telephone or email.

2. After this, any tickets remaining will be available for junior members etc up to 21st April, again by contacting me. This is the closing date for notifying the show organisers.

Contact me by telephone on 01204 578147, or email at bill.hulme@ntlworld.com

I WILL NEED YOUR NAME, ADDRESS, CAR REGISTRATION AND PHONE NUMBER in order to register the tickets..

Bookings can be made for one, two or three days, and I also need to know if you will be camping. The charge for camping is £10.00 for any length of time. For motorhomes and caravans the fee is £20.00. You can arrive after 12.00 noon on Friday, and help in setting up our area would be appreciated.

In previous years, places have been gone quickly and already at least 6 members have applied for this very popular event. To date, the following have booked places, and it would be helpful to have your information in the following format
Bill.

1. Bill Hulme ........ Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday - Camping
2. Gary(mk1del).... Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday - Camping
3. Boyzdad....................... Saturday and Sunday ---------- Camping
4. Coverco............ Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday - Camping
5. Tom Mundy....... Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday - Camping
6. Kris Bates......... Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday - Camping
7. Julian Weaver.... Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday - Camping
8. Martin Perry....................Saturday, and Sunday,
9. Kev Taylor............................................ ...........Monday,
10. Denis Eley......................Saturday, Sunday, and Monday,
11, I Cartwight.....................Saturday
12, Anthony Gilles.....Friday,..Saturday,..Sunday, and Monday,---Camping
13 A Mellor..............Friday,...Saterday...Sunday, and Monday---Camping
14 P & S Shimwell.......................................... .........Monday
15 Dave Bates............................................. ...........Monday
16 Denis Cook......................Saturday
17 Ian Spencer....................................Sunday
18 Cathy Mellor........Friday,..Saturday...Sunday...and Monday---Camping
19 R McRick.........................................Sun day
20 J Leddon.........................Saturday....Sunday. .and Monday

bill hulme
31st January 2012, 01:37 PM
8 Places booked with camping all ready dont miss out, only 15 places each day.
Bill.

bill hulme
1st February 2012, 08:09 PM
8 Places booked with camping all ready dont miss out, only 15 places each day.
Bill.

Spaces left 5 for Saturday, 6 for Sunday, 7 for Monday the Back holiday.
Bill

bill hulme
5th February 2012, 11:31 AM
Don't miss out, Spaces left 5 for Saturday, 5 for Sunday, 7 for Monday the Back holiday.
Bill.

bill hulme
11th March 2012, 06:10 PM
Don't miss out, Spaces left 1 for Saturday, 2 for Sunday, 3 for Monday the Back holiday.
Bill.

bill hulme
31st March 2012, 08:23 AM
JUNIOR MEMBERS PLEASE NOTE, as from the 1st of April you can apply for a place on our plot
There ar only 1 places for Saturday 2 Sunday 3 for Monday, the closing date is the 21st of April

Contact me by telephone on 01204 578147 , or email at bill.hulme@ntlworld.com

I WILL NEED YOUR NAME, ADDRESS, CAR REGISTRATION AND PHONE NUMBER in order to register the tickets..

Bookings can be made for one, two or three days, and I also need to know if you will be camping. The charge for camping is £10.00 for any length of time. For motorhomes and caravans the fee is £20.00. You can arrive after 12.00 noon on Friday, and help in setting up our area would be appreciated.
Bill hulme.

bill hulme
2nd April 2012, 07:26 PM
JUNIOR MEMBERS PLEASE NOTE, as from the 1st of April you can apply for a place on our plot
There ar only 1 places for Saturday 2 Sunday 3 for Monday, the closing date is the 21st of April

Bill hulme.

I have got 3 TROPHYS for Tatton they will be presented on the Sunday at 3.00 pm
Bill.

coverco
2nd April 2012, 08:11 PM
Anyone fancy club t-shirts for this event ?

mk1 dal
5th April 2012, 09:42 PM
hi , club t shirts oooooooyes brilliant idea , i will have one in large thanks mate . how much do i owe you i don't expect them for nothing . roll on tatton cant wait .

gary :thumbup:.

coverco
5th April 2012, 10:17 PM
Brill Gary, I love it when everyone has a shirt with their name on and the MK1 club logo. I will do the printing for free and the shirts usually cost around £5 to £6 (you can pay me on the day) I will do you one and Mike and I will have one, anyone else?

I will do Bill one FOC off course :-)

tommundy
5th April 2012, 10:23 PM
XL for me please Tommy! :)

coverco
6th April 2012, 09:58 AM
No problem Tom, Bill just phoned me but I was out, so he told my wife he wanted a large one...... that was all he said. Suffice to say I had a very confused wife :-)

bill hulme
6th April 2012, 01:51 PM
PLEASE NOTE,
There ar only 2 places for Saturday 3 Sunday 4 for Monday, the closing date is the 21st of April

Bill hulme.

Rick McRick
7th April 2012, 08:50 AM
Anyone fancy club t-shirts for this event ?

Hi, I'm not displaying, my car is a paper weight at the moment, however I will be coming to visit, am I allowed one? If so I'm a medium and can pay you how every is best. 5 - 6 pound is VERY cheap compared to what other clubs charge for tshirts, I'm happy to pay for the printing.

lgreen5
7th April 2012, 09:33 AM
Im trying to move some dates around so i can come to this. I would be tempted to come friday night and leave end of sat day. Is it possible getting in and out during the show?, i guess it could be a bit of a nightmare?

Cheers

Lewis

Master-B
7th April 2012, 10:19 AM
They dont let you move cars around the site between 1030 and 4 if memory serves

Master-B
7th April 2012, 10:25 AM
Apart from that its pretty easy to get off site at the end of the day

lgreen5
7th April 2012, 10:37 AM
Are that's good to know. I will try and sort some dates out and fingers crossed I will be there. Thanks for the info.

Cheers

Lewis

coverco
7th April 2012, 11:00 AM
Hi, I'm not displaying, my car is a paper weight at the moment, however I will be coming to visit, am I allowed one? If so I'm a medium and can pay you how every is best. 5 - 6 pound is VERY cheap compared to what other clubs charge for tshirts, I'm happy to pay for the printing.

Off course you can have a shirt Rick, I will order the polo shirts when I know exactly how many people want one. My son Mike has done a really nice design for the back and I will put names on the front left and MR2 MK1 club on the right. You don't nedd to pay any extra for printing I do it as a hobby and just like to help out. It also looks really professional when everyone is in the same shirt :-)

coverco
7th April 2012, 11:02 AM
Kris do you and Ali want a polo shirt?

Rick McRick
8th April 2012, 10:40 AM
Off course you can have a shirt Rick, I will order the polo shirts when I know exactly how many people want one. My son Mike has done a really nice design for the back and I will put names on the front left and MR2 MK1 club on the right. You don't nedd to pay any extra for printing I do it as a hobby and just like to help out. It also looks really professional when everyone is in the same shirt :-)

Thanks, that's brilliant!

Rick McRick
8th April 2012, 10:41 AM

Thanks, that's brilliant.

coverco
8th April 2012, 11:32 AM
Why do posts keep appearing twice, it seems to be happening a lot, any idea Tom?

Master-B
8th April 2012, 11:54 AM
Why do posts keep appearing twice, it seems to be happening a lot, any idea Tom?

Ricks Fat Fingers

Master-B
8th April 2012, 11:57 AM
Kris do you and Ali want a polo shirt?

Hi Tommy, its not really our thing mate, but will take one for the team.

coverco
8th April 2012, 12:05 PM
It's OK Kris if you don't want one it is fine. I could always put an Everton badge on yours instead then after the show you could use it as a duster :-)

After that shocking performance by Barnsley on Friday I will not be putting a Barnsley badge on mine :-(

Master-B
8th April 2012, 12:26 PM
Oi! We're going to win the cup!

coverco
8th April 2012, 01:18 PM
I hope you do mate.

tommundy
8th April 2012, 01:38 PM
I think it's browser dependant Tommy. There will be some major maintenance going on in the background soon; more will be revealed in time.
Cheers,
Tom

Rick McRick
8th April 2012, 04:52 PM
Ricks Fat Fingers

The girlfriend never complains :p

In this case, I got an error about am I sure I want to navigate away from this page and the post appeared twice.

88mister2
9th April 2012, 09:56 AM
Hi Tommy, could you put me down for a shirt, medium size.
Cheers Denis

bill hulme
14th April 2012, 06:06 PM
This is the last Week for a ticket,
There ar only 1 place for Sunday, the closing date is the 21st of April

Bill hulme.

bill hulme
20th April 2012, 11:00 AM
FREE TICKET finnishes tomorrow night april the 21st
Bill.

Rick McRick
20th April 2012, 01:13 PM
Keep hold of it so I can get in free as a foot passenger ;)
They'll never know I don't have a car on the stand muhahahahahahahaha!!

Master-B
30th April 2012, 11:03 PM
Wooooooo its May! One month to go!

Bill - told you I'd rustle up a campervan from somewhere. Meet Big Vern:

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/04/IMG_0740-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/04/IMG_0738-1.jpg

coverco
1st May 2012, 12:50 PM
So you must be Shaggy and Alison would be Daphne then .........

I am sure we can find you a quiet corner of the field to park it up :-)

Master-B
1st May 2012, 03:12 PM
Oi! I may be cowardly & love a giant sandwich or two, but I'm not THAT scruffy!

With the right paintjob the van has some serious potential that I'll probably never get round to realising:

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac349/krisgbates/Big%20Vern%20Nissan%20Vanette%20Camper/thumbnailCA1BG0YX.jpg

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac349/krisgbates/Big%20Vern%20Nissan%20Vanette%20Camper/thumbnailCADXRTQO.jpg

coverco
1st May 2012, 03:20 PM
Might I suggest camouflage :-)

Master-B
1st May 2012, 04:10 PM
Arf!

tommundy
1st May 2012, 05:22 PM
Are you doing the bacon sarnies then Kris? :D

PS: I'm super jealous!

tommundy
1st May 2012, 05:26 PM
Oh, I'll be knocking up something nice on the Friday or Saturday night as part of my year long cooking challenge! :D I'll put up some info about that later too!

coverco
1st May 2012, 06:15 PM
You will need to do something special to beat Gary (mk1dal). Last year he made a proper curry with rice and nan bread, it smelled and looked lovely :-)

I would love to knock up something nice, but don't tell the wife .....

Master-B
1st May 2012, 06:45 PM
I would love to knock up something nice, but don't tell the wife .....

*Laughs like Sid James*

Master-B
1st May 2012, 06:49 PM
Are you doing the bacon sarnies then Kris? :D

PS: I'm super jealous!

I think Mrs B has grander plans than bacon butties for us!

Ive just driven him down the motorway for the first time, performance is clearly not the datsun A15 engines greatest strength... 55mph FTW!

mk1 dal
2nd May 2012, 04:24 AM
I think Mrs B has grander plans than bacon butties for us!

Ive just driven him down the motorway for the first time, performance is clearly not the datsun A15 engines greatest strength... 55mph FTW!

hi , its sounds like tatton at night time will turn in to a master chef compo bring it on :lol: , loving the camper mate top buy and far better than tents , just make sure the fridge is fired up for some nice ice cold beers :thumbup: and 55 ftw look on the + side you wont get done for speeding . roll on this show ,good mates ,good food and beer ,what more could you ask for, a top weekend out :clap:

gary

coverco
2nd May 2012, 01:31 PM
It won't be in our tent Gary. Mike and I will have bacon sandwiches in the morning and burgers for tea. At least I have got a tent that I can stand up in this time, although if Mike throws up in this one he will be sleeping outside :-)

bill hulme
11th May 2012, 12:07 PM
All the tickets for Tatton Park Show arrived today, So in the post to our members they go today.
Roll on Tatton see you all soon.
Bill.

bill hulme
16th May 2012, 07:29 AM
To all that have tickets for Tatton, Please show your ticket at the main entrance to the park, so you don't have to pay to get in, also try to get there well before
9.00am as there are hundreds of cars arriving at this time making long wait to get in, 8.00am is much better remember I have to sort the 15 cars out onto our plot, members can arrive From 12.00 on Friday for camping, See you all soon .
Bill. mobile 07812738764

Gilles27
16th May 2012, 08:36 AM
To all that have tickets for Tatton, Please show your ticket at the main entrance to the park, so you don't have to pay to get in, also try to get there well before
9.00am as there are hundreds of cars arriving at this time making long wait to get in, 8.00am is much better remember I have to sort the 15 cars out onto our plot, See you all soon .
Bill. mobile 07812738764

Hi Bill. Joe and I will be arriving on Friday night - probably between 8 and 9pm. We'll come down to the camping area near the military vehicles. Looking forward to it!

bill hulme
16th May 2012, 09:15 AM
9.00am as there are hundreds of cars arriving at this time making long wait to get in, 8.00am is much better remember I have to sort the 15 cars out onto our plot, members can arrive From 12.00 on Friday for camping, See you all soon .
Bill. mobile 07812738764

Little up date for Friday campers
Bill.

coverco
16th May 2012, 10:34 AM
Mike and I will be there hopefully early Friday afternoon, he may have a "dentists appointment" on Friday afternoon ;-)

tommundy
16th May 2012, 11:26 AM
I'll be heading over on Friday after work too! :)

Master-B
16th May 2012, 11:33 AM
Same here, finish work at 4, so probably arriving with the funbus around 7pm on Friday.

coverco
16th May 2012, 03:08 PM
I'll be heading over on Friday after work too! :)
Try to avoid Tintwistle Tom it is a nightmare in rush hour as we found out last year.

mk1 dal
22nd May 2012, 07:59 AM
hi, been on met check and it looks like it will be sunny for tatton , :D

coverco
22nd May 2012, 08:25 AM
Fingers crossed Gary.

Gilles27
22nd May 2012, 08:31 AM
hi, been on met check and it looks like it will be sunny for tatton , :D
Now you've cursed it! 439

mk1 dal
22nd May 2012, 10:11 PM
hope not :silent:

coverco
26th May 2012, 09:17 AM
Here is a list of t-shirts I am doing, if I have missed anyone let me know quickly.
Gary L
Bill L
Tom Mundy XL
Rick M
Denis M
Me XL
Mike S

coverco
27th May 2012, 04:02 PM
Ordering t-shirts in the morning, last chance.

mk1 dal
27th May 2012, 10:23 PM
hi tommy , do one for andy , size XL . thanks

gary

Gilles27
28th May 2012, 06:06 AM
Hope I'm not too late! Can I have a M please?

coverco
28th May 2012, 08:52 AM
Do you want one for Joe Anthony?

Gilles27
28th May 2012, 10:22 AM
Do you want one for Joe Anthony?
Not sure he'd wear it? Although if Mike is wearing his he probably will. Can he have the same size as Mike please? Thanks!

coverco
28th May 2012, 11:02 AM
Not sure he'd wear it? Although if Mike is wearing his he probably will. Can he have the same size as Mike please? Thanks!

Mike will be wearing his, he takes a small adult. Joe is the correct spelling?

Gilles27
28th May 2012, 11:22 AM
Mike will be wearing his, he takes a small adult. Joe is the correct spelling?

Yes it is and that sounds like the right size too. Cheers!

julianw
28th May 2012, 05:51 PM
Hi Tommy
Sorry for the late reply - can you do me a Medium if you've yet to print? I'll pay you at the show.
Thanks
Julian

coverco
28th May 2012, 06:12 PM
Hi Tommy
Sorry for the late reply - can you do me a Medium if you've yet to print? I'll pay you at the show.
Thanks
Julian
I ordered the polo shirts today, I am at home now and can't remember if I have a spare medium. I will check tomorrow and let you know. The printing is no problem but I don't have stock shirts as I only do this for fun, to order 1 shirt would cost more in carriage than the shirt :-)

Lauren
29th May 2012, 04:39 PM
Hi all, as per usual, Mark, Indy and I will be attending Tatton Park as part of the TPCC in the AE86 of course. I remember last year there was a member that brought a fire pit with them. Just wanted to ask if said fire pit will be making an appearance as I think it really helped keep us warm through the night!

I will be arriving on Friday evening, I look forward to seeing you all there. :)

coverco
29th May 2012, 05:22 PM
I thought it was one of your group who brought the firepit but now I think about it it might have been Julian. He was in a camper van, unfortunately there is no way to fit one in a MK1 otherwise I would get one as it was brilliant.

See you Friday evening Lauren :-)

bill hulme
29th May 2012, 05:44 PM
I thought it was one of your group who brought the firepit but now I think about it it might have been Julian. He was in a camper van, unfortunately there is no way to fit one in a MK1 otherwise I would get one as it was brilliant.

See you Friday evening Lauren :-)

Hi yes it was Julian, he is bring it again.
see you friday.
Bill

Lauren
29th May 2012, 07:36 PM
Don't panic, Tommy! Mark has just told me that Stacks have an offer on a fire pit, so we'll buy one. If anyone has wood to burn and can squeeze it in bring it along. To be fair Tatton isn't normally that short of wood, so there may well be the usual covert hunter/gatherer, (with the emphasis on gathering) exercise! ;)

coverco
29th May 2012, 07:42 PM
Exercise Lauren !!!

Mike and Joe (Anthonys son) will be there, 15 year olds have to be good for something :-)

I have a huge tent this year so have not even got room for food and beer, will have to go shopping Friday afternoon, where is the nearest Tesco/ Asda?

Gilles27
30th May 2012, 07:48 AM
Exercise Lauren !!!

Mike and Joe (Anthonys son) will be there, 15 year olds have to be good for something :-)
Agreed! :p

I have a huge tent this year so have not even got room for food and beer, will have to go shopping Friday afternoon, where is the nearest Tesco/ Asda?

Sainsbury's Local
9-13 Canute Place, Knutsford WA16 6BQ 1.8 mi S

Waitrose Ltd
28 - 30 Princess Street, Knutsford, WA16 6BU 1.8 mi S

The Co-op
85 Town Lane,Knutsford,WA16 7HH, WA16 7HH 2.7 mi SE

:cool:

tommundy
30th May 2012, 08:33 AM
Huge Tesco here:

Manor Road, Hale, Altrincham WA15 9QT (Altrincham Extra) - ~7 miles away.

Really looking forward to this weekend!! :)

coverco
30th May 2012, 11:07 AM
Waitrose and Sainsburys Anthony???? We don't have posh shops in Barnsley :-)

Looks like Tesco then Tom, I am just printing the t-shirts and am also really looking forward to this weekend.

Gilles27
30th May 2012, 12:37 PM
Waitrose and Sainsburys Anthony???? We don't have posh shops in Barnsley :-)
When in Cheshire...

coverco
30th May 2012, 01:38 PM
Just to say I have done a t-shirt for Julian, I had ordered some spares :-)

julianw
31st May 2012, 12:16 PM
You're a gem. Thanks Tommy. And yes, the firepit will be on board. I may try to find a disposable gazebo to put over us and it/set fire to it with!
@Bill - I'm just going looking for the extra table you asked for. Hope to be arriving about the same time as you tomorrow, to bag the pitches.

coverco
31st May 2012, 05:29 PM
No problem Julian, just packed my car.... What a nightmare but got it all in in the end.
No food or drink but will sort that when I get the tent up, getting excited now :-)

PS polo shirts cost £6 delivered, free printing. They look great.

Master-B
31st May 2012, 10:27 PM
Ive got a capacious 3 way camping fridge in the van, but no spare gas bottle/regulator/hose to run it. I wont be able to run it on 12v as the battery will be drained in a matter of hours and the last time I checked 240v sockets still dont grow on trees. Its potentially the perfect solution for cold beer glory for us all on the stand so if anyone has spares knocking about please bring them along!

mk1 dal
1st June 2012, 02:04 AM
hi all it looks like i jinked the whether for Saturday night ( if they ever get it right ) opps , but there is always the the massive beer tent to go to for a good party ( take are own beers ) and party on if its pi**ing down in the dry .

just finished work and cant wait for this weekend , top weekend rain or shine ,see you campers Friday .

gary

coverco
1st June 2012, 07:47 AM
Ive got a capacious 3 way camping fridge in the van, but no spare gas bottle/regulator/hose to run it. I wont be able to run it on 12v as the battery will be drained in a matter of hours and the last time I checked 240v sockets still dont grow on trees. Its potentially the perfect solution for cold beer glory for us all on the stand so if anyone has spares knocking about please bring them along!

Even if I had a gas bottle there is no way it would fit in the MR2 Kris :-)

Weather is rubbish in Barnsley what is it like over the hill?

Master-B
1st June 2012, 07:57 AM
Grey & Stuffy at the mo mate

Gilles27
1st June 2012, 08:06 AM
Even if I had a gas bottle there is no way it would fit in the MR2 Kris :-)
True! Packing the car is very difficult. Starting to wish I'd joined the Vauxhall Zafira Owners Club!! :o

Master-B
1st June 2012, 08:16 AM
Starting to wish I'd joined the Vauxhall Zafira Owners Club!! :o

Good grief, you clearly have never driven one!

Gilles27
1st June 2012, 09:25 AM
Good grief, you clearly have never driven one!
I wish that were true! Having 4 kids and a limited budget meant I spent bloody years driving one. I have 3 siblings, but it was easier for my parents as we didn't have to bother with seatbelts so we would just pile up in the back seat or we could sit in the boot of our Escort Estate!

Master-B
1st June 2012, 09:29 AM
I wish that were true! Having 4 kids and a limited budget meant I spent bloody years driving one. I have 3 siblings, but it was easier for my parents as we didn't have to bother with seatbelts so we would just pile up in the back seat or we could sit in the boot of our Escort Estate!

Urgh. Grim. Honestly, Kia Carens offer a better driving experience than Zafiras!

Ha ha that takes me back. My old man used to squeeze 3 of us plus a cat a dog & all manner of household chod in the back of a very beige, very dented Lada Riva Estate.

coverco
1st June 2012, 10:04 AM
You young whipper snappers. I remember my two brothers and I fitting in the little luggage compartment behind the rear seat of a Volkswagon Beetle. Also all three of us could sleep in the back of an Austin 1300 estate (although it was not like a modern estate) :-)

first-footer
1st June 2012, 12:41 PM
Hi,
I have just been called into work and am not home till early hours Saturday morning.
Whats the latest you can get your car into the show ?

Thanks.
Ian

Master-B
1st June 2012, 01:02 PM
I think its 10am, but best to check on the ticket small print :-)

tommundy
1st June 2012, 01:46 PM
Woo, only an hour or so left at work and then it's back home to pack the car! Then shopping! Then drive over to Tatton! Then... beeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!!!!!

I've got a list of 78 items to either pack or buy! :D

coverco
4th June 2012, 06:15 PM
What a great weekend, rubbish weather but fantastic company. It really is the best show in the calendar.

I know I have already thanked Julian but I will again, inviting all of us for dinner and drinks in his camper van turned a miserable day into a great day, cheers mate :thumbup:

tommundy
4th June 2012, 06:32 PM
Got back a bit ago and now showered!

So many things to mention that were high points this weekend! I'll post more extensively with pictures tomorrow as I'm just off to Tom's for a BBQ!! :D

A great weekend with good friends, food, drink and laughs.

Master-B
4th June 2012, 07:17 PM
^^What they said^^

A great weekend & a fitting way for Bill to sign off as LAO.

Gilles27
5th June 2012, 10:05 AM
A great weekend & a fitting way for Bill to sign off as LAO.
What did he think of his "pimped" ride?

coverco
5th June 2012, 10:25 AM
His car was OK it was the scooter that was genius. Kids windmills and a parrot clock added about 10 BHP to it :-)

I am sure there will be some pictures unfortunately neither Mike or I took any.

tommundy
5th June 2012, 10:55 AM
I've got some pictures and am uploading a video too; it was genius! :D

coverco
5th June 2012, 12:04 PM
OMG not video Tom, I am now very worried. I have also had a read of your blog and it is really great, I will be stealing some of those recipes, chicken kiev is the first on the to do list :-)

mk1 dal
5th June 2012, 05:56 PM
hi, Andy and i had a brilliant weekend it was a great laugh ( i did a great face plant over 2 guide ropes early Monday morning ,slightly drunk :grin:) bill pimped scooter was top and had a lot of attention on the stand :lol: . i didn't take one single pic of any car this tatton , to much going on and i forgot . but i did get pics of the night life and it was fantastic fun .

Friday night camp fire .

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/Picture1150-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/Picture1146-1.jpg

beer tent Saturday night

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/Picture1160-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/Picture1161-1.jpg

Julian's very large camper , top night thanks for the hospitality mate :clap:
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/Picture1136-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/Picture1139-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/Picture1140-1.jpg

and poor old bob wasted

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/Picture1137-1.jpg

but he did make a new friend named Elvis , i think he should have been called gollum , nice dog .

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/Picture1158-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/Picture1159-1.jpg

many thanks to bill for organizing another top event .

gary :+:

Master-B
5th June 2012, 06:10 PM
Nice pics mate, I think this sums up the weekend very well. It was so wet we hardly left the campsite or the gazebo on the stand! Is that 1st photo in "gary vision" ha ha!

minim5934
5th June 2012, 06:13 PM
Very proud of myself for not throwing up this year :D can't wait for August, let's hope our new organiser, whoever that may be, will do a great job just like Bill. We'll have to wait and see!
Loving the cheesy smiles from my dad, you can tell he's been on the liquor.

Mike

coverco
5th June 2012, 08:07 PM
Great pictures Gary, I fell over the guy lines as well after telling you to watch out for those guy lines..... :-)

Rick McRick
5th June 2012, 08:16 PM
Looks like you had a great time guys.
I did make it along but didn't get chance to see everyone, with the rain and having to keep the girlfriend occupied I didn't get to spend as much time as the show as I would have liked.

Master-B
5th June 2012, 08:26 PM
And there I was thinking you didnt love me anymore Rick

coverco
5th June 2012, 08:33 PM
Rick was on the stand first thing in the morning Kris, you were still inside big Vern :-)

Hope you liked the t-shirt Rick, you should stop over in August it is great fun.

Rick McRick
5th June 2012, 08:40 PM
Yeah Kirs, I came by a couple of times but missed out. I did get a look at your car though, looking very good.

And yeah, I love the t-shirt loads, absolutely brilliant, I'll be wearing it to all the meets!

The stand was looking great too guys, and Bill was telling me how much he loved what you did to his car :)

Master-B
5th June 2012, 08:56 PM
Cheers mate, it generated a lot of positive feedback and credit is due to tommy and mike who helped to realise 'the dream' . You should have stopped by big vern for a brew! Funny you should mention meets... we are due one this sunday... nothing on the board after bills retirement. I am going to garys this weekend for a headliner swap so we could have a technical based effort in buxton if I can confirm exactly when with him. Julian was up for this the other day aswell if he is free.

bill hulme
5th June 2012, 10:39 PM
some photos for you all to see what you missed.
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/_MG_9058-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/_MG_9061-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/_MG_9079-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/_MG_9071-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/_MG_9084-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/_MG_9073-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/_MG_9105-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/_MG_9107-1.jpg
BEST MK1 ON OUR SHOW
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/_MG_9108-1.jpg
BEST COUPE
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/_MG_9111-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/_MG_9114-1.jpg
BEST T_BAR
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/_MG_9117-1.jpg
Kris, Julian, Gary
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/_MG_9174-1.jpg
BOB THE DOG ANOTHER ONE
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/_MG_9222-1.jpg

bill hulme
5th June 2012, 10:41 PM
some photos for you all to see what you missed.
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/_MG_9138-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/_MG_9146-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/_MG_9148-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/_MG_9154-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/_MG_9159-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/_MG_9177-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/_MG_9165-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/_MG_9189-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/_MG_9211-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/_MG_9215-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/_MG_9216-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/_MG_9217-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/_MG_9219-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/_MG_9221-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/_MG_9231-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/_MG_9050-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/_MG_9120-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/_MG_9136-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/_MG_9133-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/_MG_9172-1.jpg

coverco
6th June 2012, 08:39 AM
Great photos Bill, even though it was a bit miserable we still had a great time :-)

julianw
6th June 2012, 09:56 AM
From the photos, no one who wasn't there is going to believe us that it peed down most of the time! Can't thank everyone enough for this last weekend. Great company. Great food. Great memories. I am indebted to Bill for having got it all going in the first place. No matter how many events I attend in the future, this one will go down as truly special. The grin I brought away from it will last for weeks!

tommundy
6th June 2012, 09:57 AM
Some pics from me:

Two Mk1.5s - Track vs Road.

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2449JPG-1.jpg

Bill setting up the stand.

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2452JPG-1.jpg

Growing.

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2454JPG-1.jpg

Saturday night stew!

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2456JPG-1.jpg

Bill's modded scooter!

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2459JPG-1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCWKUUbgt94

Stew ready for eating! I think it fed about 12 hungry campers, lol.

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2462JPG-1.jpg

Fire pit ftw!

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2465JPG-1.jpg

Saturday night.

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2467JPG-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2471JPG-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2472JPG-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2476JPG-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2485JPG-1.jpg

Bob zonked out!

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2486JPG-1.jpg

Our home for most of Sunday.

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2487JPG-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2488JPG-1.jpg

Then Julian put us up in the camper on Sunday night. What a hero! Sorry for keeping you up until 4:15 mate! :D
Top sous chef Alison!

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2496JPG-1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhnnY7EfJm8

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2498JPG-1.jpg

Feeding of the... 8.

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2501JPG-1.jpg

Monday morning breakfast.

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2502JPG-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2503JPG-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2507JPG-1.jpg

Engine whoring.

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2509JPG-1.jpg

Sunshine, finally!!!!

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2510JPG-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2511JPG-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2512JPG-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2513JPG-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2514JPG-1.jpg

tommundy
6th June 2012, 10:08 AM
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2515JPG-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2516JPG-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2517JPG-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2518JPG-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2519JPG-1.jpg

Best in show Mk1 winner! Well done Chris, well deserved!

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2520JPG-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2521JPG-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2522JPG-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2523JPG-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2562JPG-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2563JPG-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2564JPG-1.jpg

Bills car modified with fetching pink/blue steering wheel, seat belt pad and furry dice along with his learner driver sign!

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2565JPG-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2566JPG-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2567JPG-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2568JPG-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2569JPG-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2570JPG-1.jpg

julianw
6th June 2012, 10:16 AM
4:15am? Was that the time? Honestly though, I do have a long history of nocturnal activity - no apologies necessary! Anyway Tom, I know what you chefs are like - you start work at 4pm and don't start your socialising till 11pm! I'll consider it an honour to turn the camper kitchen over to you again in the future. Top food!

tommundy
6th June 2012, 10:18 AM
Great pictures Bill and Gary. I love the 'gary vision' comment!

What a top weekend! It was great having so many Mk1'ers camping. Lots of laughs, lots of rain and lots of Bob's contributions too, lol.

A big thank you again to Julian. It really did turn Sunday night around into a great evening!

Some pictures I got of other car stands:

http://a16wtf.co.uk/mk1club/tattonjune2012/other/

Roll on August! Here's hoping Bill will be in attendance!

Cheers,
Tom

PS: If your Internet browser is crashing trying to watch the embedded videos, I've added the direct links to Youtube below:
Bills scooter - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCWKUUbgt94
Camper van - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhnnY7EfJm8&feature=relmfu

coverco
6th June 2012, 10:34 AM
Again great photos Tom, despite the weather we all look like we had a great time (because we did). :-)

Master-B
6th June 2012, 11:05 AM
Bill - some great photos there mate, you should be a photographer ;-)

Tom - really enjoyed the photos & videos -well worth the wait, they tell the story of the weekend very well!

Cant wait for the next one

coverco
6th June 2012, 12:27 PM
That is one of the best photos of the weekend

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/06/IMG_2465JPG-1.jpg

Rick McRick
6th June 2012, 06:44 PM
Brilliant pictures and videos guys, really captured the family spirit of the club!!

See you all again soon!

Lakelad
7th June 2012, 09:19 PM
Great to see the pictures - it looks like a good weekend despite the weather.

Graham