PDA

View Full Version : Mk1 MR2 mint for road or track Uk spec

tylermr2
29th January 2012, 03:40 PM
MK1 MR2 (Rare chance to by best 2 seater for price)
109,000 miles which is low for a 26 yr old classic, every single old mot certificates to prove

In the last Month the car has undergone
12 months MOT
6 months if reserve is met
Service History with a recent Fluid service by myself
New Cam belt and Tensioner fitted 100 miles ago by Imports 4U
New brake pads and brake Fluid fitted 20 miles ago
New Uprated Clutch fitted 20 miles ago
My local garage Imports 4U rated this the best Mk1 MR2 they had ever seen in over 20 years.

This car is not standard and has had a number of modifications; the biggest has been the installation of a Megasquirt ECU and Ford EDIS Wasted spark ignition system, this has removed the dizzy and standard ignition coil. It has given a fairly substantial increase in torque over the standard car. I have summarised the modifications below:

1. Megasquirt V3 programmable ECU– Mapping Software and Belkin laptop connector will go with the car. worth over £1k can be used for turbo conversion or high revving performances

2. Ford EDIS wasted spark ignition (Hours of Labour and a rare but vital modification if wanting big power).

3. Innovate Wide Band Lambda Sensor Controllable air/fuel software and cable included

4. 4AGZE Supercharger exhaust Manifold

5. MGZR Hair pin alloys with 4 almost new 195 45 R16 Toyo Proxe T1-R Tyres (7-8mm of tread) legal limit is about 1.3mm so a good year on tyres if driven sensibly

Can have set of gold Rota GT3's to go the car at extra cost of £200 if wanted

6. Suede steering wheel

7. Fensport Refurbished Steering Rack

8. Lotus Elise Exhaust box

9. MK1b Front Bumper with very solid bumper bar – no rust

10. Mk1a suspension triangles replaced

11. Carbon fibre enclosed air filter

12. MK1b Leather Door Cards

13. MK1b C52 Gearbox – No Fifth gear pop out

14. New Uprated Competition Clutch fitted with less than 20 miles on it

15. Recent oil change Fully Synthetic which added 3hp

16. Fibreglass front arches. 1 fitted, the other will come with the car, also spare front valances as these are prone to rust.

17. No rust on rear arches or on car at all, inspection underneath available.

18. New Toyota rear struts fitted

19. New gas inserts fitted to front

20. Apex Lowering Springs 40mm but seem lower

21. Custom made front 4 way Strut brace fitted which has increased road handling loads

22. Battery relocated into the front trunk rather than engine bay, makes engine bay look cleaner and reduces rear weight to help distribute weight evenly around car.

The Not So Good

Rev Counter does not work, as it has not been wired up through the Megasquirt ECU, this is an easy fix I just haven’t had the time to do it.
The ECU is highly tunable and to get most from car could do with a tune but not require is used for road use really just me be fussy.
The Paintwork to the offside front wing and nearside rear quarter panel could do with wet sanding or re-spraying. As my intention was to build this car up for Hill climb/track sprints I have not bothered to get the paintwork tidied up.

This car is a work in progress, but could be the basis of a great track car, I unfortunately just do not have the time or the space to finish it.

Car seems to Rev like a Vtec engine and for ever.

Please feel free to come and look at the car, I have tried to be as honest as possible with my description.The car is sold as seen, please note you bid to buy not come and look. I am open to offers.

The parts alone are worth more than the asking price, but it seems a shame to break the car if someone else would be interested in taking it on!

Cash on collection. £100 deposit required within 24 hours of auction end.
If you would like to come and look at the car please either message me through eBay or ring my mobile: 07791681889