PDA

View Full Version : Hello! Mister 2 Turbo here!

phil.s
21st January 2012, 09:02 PM
Hello Folks.

Picked up a mister 2 mk1.5 last week with a few 'issues' and thought I'd say hello as I will be spending copious amounts of time on here for advice no doubt!

Got him running today just got to fix the gear change issue now....

Great cars, nobody I know likes it but oh my god its an absolute hoot with that 2 litre turbo in the back!!

Phil

tommundy
25th January 2012, 07:30 PM
Hi there,
Welcome to the forum!
What sort of issues have you got with your Mk1.5? There are plenty of helpful people on here and a few fellow 1.5 owners, myself included.
They are real street weapons when setup correctly.
Take some pictures and post them up!
Cheers,
Tom

Kateg28
25th January 2012, 07:56 PM
Hello. How can no one like them? You won't find that here. Gets some photos up and tell us a bit more about yourself and where you are based.

charged
26th January 2012, 09:27 AM
Welcome along Phil.

Another 1.5 owner here!

Let us know the issues and get some photos and a spec list up!

Ollie

phil.s
27th January 2012, 09:38 AM
Hi Folks sorry for the late reply seemed to take an age for the thread to appear on here. I have uploaded the pictures here:

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/garage_vehicle.php?do=view_vehicle&id=124

I bought the car off a guy I work with, the main problem with it was the gear shift slowly started to deteriorate. He pulled off the gearbox expecting to find a lunched clutch but found everything in tact with no problems. At this point he gave up and I bought it off him. In bits.

So far I have got the engine running again, replaced the clutch master and slave cylinders and this morning the braided clutch hose has turned up so I can bleed the system this weekend and see if it works now. I'm nervous to say the least!!

Think the p*ss taking has started because I used to own a lotus elise that I also put a 2litre turbo into:

http://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/topic/23113-right-ive-decided-to-do-a-t-series-conversion/

After driving the Mk1.5 though I asked myself what is the point in having all this money tied up in a car when i can get one that goes and handles just the same for a quarter of the price!! Nobody else sees it this way though! Who cares though I bloody love it :)

mk1 dal
28th January 2012, 02:38 AM
Think the p*ss taking has started because I used to own a lotus elise that I also put a 2litre turbo into:

hi, very nice car you have there , let them take take the p**s ,then take them out in it a scare the living daylights out of them , they will see the light and want one . the Mk1 is a fantastic car and with the 2l turbo its an awesome weapon for sod all money . nice find and welcome to the club .

gary :+: