PDA

View Full Version : Mk1 MR2 Genuine Rear wings complete x2 New old stock.

neiljones308
9th January 2012, 11:33 AM
Hi, I have managed to get hold of a pair of rear wings for a Toyota MR2 Mk1. They are genuine Toyota, and go right up to the roof. Perfect condition, still in Toyota Primer.
There were around £450 each from Toyota when they were available (i have a reciept here for some that were bought 5 years ago) but they are no longer available from Toyota (i checked today!)
Please make an offer for one or both of them.
I will try to add pictures, but if i can't, please PM me with your email address and i will send you some.
Thanks, Neil

neiljones308
9th January 2012, 11:35 AM
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/01/DSC_0614-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/01/DSC_0612-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/01/DSC_0613-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/01/DSC_0611-1.jpg

neiljones308
9th January 2012, 11:37 AM
They have been in dry storage for about 5 years, and have no dents and zero rust, but typically when i took them out to take pictures, it started to rain, hence the drops of water on the outside of them!!

autobody
9th January 2012, 12:12 PM
If only you had these for sale a few moths ago, as I have got my self the repair panels from ebay for both sides now.

kevin..in
9th January 2012, 02:00 PM
remember paul woods selling a pair on ebay a while ago, they didn't make anywhere near their "cost price" (if i remember correctly) even though they are now unavailable

autobody
9th January 2012, 03:13 PM
Think they sold between 450 to 500. still cheap I think. its just a lot more work to fit these.

kevin..in
9th January 2012, 04:15 PM
Think they sold between 450 to 500. still cheap I think. its just a lot more work to fit these.
thats the figure i had in my head i.e. 1/2 the original cost

almost certainly easier to cut out the section needed for a repair (arch & lower section then patch them in)than it would be to fit a whole 1/4 panel

neiljones308
9th January 2012, 08:23 PM
I know there is a lot of work to fit these, but it is a far better job to replace the complete wing than to use repair panels which i know from experience are not exactly the right shape, then need loads of filler and hours upon hours of sanding to try to get them smoothed into the original wings, and at the end of it you still know you have got a load of filler in there. I know if i was rebuilding the rear arches i would rather do a proper job with these.

superwhite90
10th January 2012, 11:07 AM
But for half the price you get the repair panels and yes they need a bit of fettling from what I’ve heard, but you just have to cut out the rot and weld and blend them in.

Compared to having to cut the entire section out, cut the sill & pillar, cut the weld to the roof, remove the rear bumper and quarter panel window etc. You’ve got more welding and prep work to do with the entire panel.

Plus if it rains or you need the car you can’t exactly drive around as you’ve cut the back off.

By cutting other sections to fit this in you may cause damage and new rust to set in if not properly treated.

If you can do it yourself you wouldn’t have to worry about the hours and hours of labour that a bodyshop would charge.

neiljones308
10th January 2012, 12:30 PM
I quite agree Mr Superwhite90, these panels are only for someone doing a restoration to a nice standard, and it should really be done undercover. They are no good if you are still trying to use the car everyday. Taking the old wing off is not that bad (i have done 2), and is quite easy if you drill out the spot welds. And a good squirt of waxoil inside when you have finished will do wonders.

neiljones308
20th January 2012, 09:19 AM
I don't want to store these, so the price is £275 each, or £500 for the pair. no offers, plus postage.
Cheers, Neil

neiljones308
20th January 2012, 04:28 PM
I will be listing these on eBay this weekend for £250 each. Collection only (or they can be delivered along the M4 corridor between Wales ad Reading. I might even be able to deliver them as far as Birmingham in a couple of weeks).If they don't sell they can go back into storage until someone asks for them.
Thanks, Neil

darryl
20th January 2012, 06:29 PM
hi niel

i will have them of you if you still have them send me a pm

darryl
21st January 2012, 09:24 AM
hi niel i have sent you a pm but its does not seem to work can you call me on 07815582863