PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Mk1 in fair condition with Tax and Test.

evans.I
5th January 2012, 04:28 PM
Hi all, I'm interested in buying my first mk1 MR2. I have seen many nice examples for sale, but they are a little too far for me to travel to.
Im after one that i can drive away in with as much tax and MOT as possible. I understand the engines are very reliable but would prefer nothing over 130(ish)k. Bodywork is not a major issue, but i am by no means looking for a rot box which requires lots of welding.
I guess what im looking for is jut a good, honest car that i can start driving right away.

I'm looking to spend upto around £900, but may be able to stretch for the right car.

I've not used this forum before (first post infact!) but i assume i can recieve private messages from sellers?

Thanks for looking, Ian.

superwhite90
6th January 2012, 12:49 PM
Hi Ian,

When are you interested in buying? Mine will be up for sale in May/June after some remedial work has been carried out on it.

I will have quite a few goodies included in the sale and the parts alone will be worth £1000 if I was to break it. The car would be for sale for £1500 with MOT til Feb 2013 and Tax til August 2012 - let me know if you are interested

rymixxx
6th January 2012, 01:08 PM
Super, as per the other thread (and Ian, just so there's some competition!) I'm also on the lookout for a good Mk1. At the top of my list: as structurally sound as possible. I don't want a major rust rescue project. After this my wishlist is: non t-bar, as little electrical stuff in it as possible and white.

evans.I
6th January 2012, 01:48 PM
Hi Ian,

When are you interested in buying? Mine will be up for sale in May/June after some remedial work has been carried out on it.

I will have quite a few goodies included in the sale and the parts alone will be worth £1000 if I was to break it. The car would be for sale for £1500 with MOT til Feb 2013 and Tax til August 2012 - let me know if you are interested

Im after one more or less immediatly really. Thanks for the offer though!

Ian.

evans.I
10th January 2012, 04:04 PM
Still on the hunt. May be able to stretch a little more on price now for the right car.

Ian.

charged
10th January 2012, 05:02 PM
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=157092 Will be as good as you get for the money IMO

evans.I
10th January 2012, 05:37 PM
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=157092 Will be as good as you get for the money IMO

Just waiting for my account on that forum to be activated so i can get in touch with the seller. Thanks for the link.

Ian.

charged
10th January 2012, 05:40 PM
Just waiting for my account on that forum to be activated so i can get in touch with the seller. Thanks for the link.

Ian.

Hi Ian,

no problem at all. I've met the seller a couple of times, he is a nice genuine chap. Tell him Ollie sent you his way.

Cheers

evans.I
10th January 2012, 05:56 PM
Hi Ian,

no problem at all. I've met the seller a couple of times, he is a nice genuine chap. Tell him Ollie sent you his way.

Cheers

Will do :thumbup:

Ian.

Master-B
10th January 2012, 06:13 PM
The one on imoc looks bang on for the money, seat retrimming can cost £500+ alone! Good luck Ian.

rymixxx
10th January 2012, 07:18 PM
The one on imoc looks bang on for the money, seat retrimming can cost £500+ alone! Good luck Ian.

100% agree. Here's the link: http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=157092&sid=2fb880365ba0196037d21e7c1b8d6548

I'm thinking about this one myself. Only thing is I don't want a t-bar and I've already had a red one so would like a change. The rest of the spec looks good though, especially the interior.

russthedude
10th January 2012, 08:59 PM
indeed, I popped in to a place today to get a price to have my dirvers seat repaired: £150 to do one panel, or £1500 to recover both seats. yikes!

I've always wanted a red one, but would feel too guilty selling my silver one, shame, one day I'll have a red one though lol

evans.I
12th January 2012, 12:22 AM
Collected the red one from london this evening. Very happy with it. Thanks for the heads up 'charged.' I'll try and get some pictures up soon when i've given it a good clean up.

Thanks, Ian.

charged
12th January 2012, 09:11 AM
Collected the red one from london this evening. Very happy with it. Thanks for the heads up 'charged.' I'll try and get some pictures up soon when i've given it a good clean up.

Thanks, Ian.

Excellent work Ian, I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine. Get some pictures up when you can

Ollie

mazz
17th January 2012, 08:13 PM
Hi all, please help. I am a new member in this online community. (not sure how to create my own post) I have had this car for three years and it has been the most reliable car I have owned. I would love to keep it but I need a car to carry my music equipment. Any offers are welcome although I would sooner keep it than sell it for chips.
I have just had it MOT'd and has 6 months tax. 130,000 miles. The bodywork is in need of TLC. It was sprayed Matt Black by the previous owner and has rust on both passenger side arches. Theres a dent between the rear wheel and drivers side door from a car park collision. This has been structurally repaired but still visible.
This car really wants an owner that can make her shiny again.
I am based in North Devon, please feel free to ask for more info
If you want to offer me a price please take into consideration, MOT cost me £420 excl labour. Thanks