PDA

View Full Version : 4AGE Engine & Box Available March 2012

superwhite90
30th December 2011, 02:09 PM
In the middle / end of March 2012 I will be replacing my current engine and gearbox with a recon unit purchased from Paul Woods.

The engine that will be for sale will have had a head gasket replacement, new head bolts, all new gaskets which were involved at the time etc the engine block had to have to remedial work carried out on it as it was damaged when the head blew. I applied Titanium Putty to the damaged area on the block face which was close to cylinder no.4 barrel. The cylinder head was warped but corrected via skimming.

I am hoping that the engine will last 4-4.5k miles which is when the Cambelt is due, so the whole lot will be replaced at this time.

The engine which will be for sale was purchased from Rogue Motorsport and was a ‘race’ prepped engine rebuilt for the MR2 championship series. I managed to get a hold of one of these when I needed one in May 2010 – I had the car Dynoed a few months later and it was putting out 107.6 BHP at the wheels and an estimated 130.6 BHP at the flywheel. I have the documentation to back this up.

This engine was faultless throughout the 39500 miles I covered in it from May 2010 til the time of the head gasket going in December 2011.

The life of the engine is unknown as the putty used was a fix until I had purchased another engine and had time to fit it etc. I feel paranoid every time I use the car which is why another engine will be put in, as I feel I cannot drive the car as it should be driven.

This is an ideal time for someone who is looking for a spare engine to play with or possibly split the head from the block and get the block skimmed (I would have done this but I don’t have a spare car).

You never know it may last another 3-4 years but I cannot afford to take this chance as I do 350 miles a week.

The gearbox will also be included as a complete sale with the engine. The clutch has done 25000 miles and has a fair bit of life left in it. When the engine comes out it will need a new Cambelt as the current one would have done 60000 miles. I regularly changed the oil every 6000-8000 miles and other than the head going there are no mechanical maladies I am aware of.

Most ancillaries will be left on it such as the water pump, starter, alternator etc but I cannot give you a definitive list until the replacement engine arrives as various sensors will have to be swapped over.

I am not looking for a lot of money; offers around £150-200 would be very inviting. I am looking to get this sorted out before the engine change so it can be a quick and easy deal and so that I do not have a spare engine sitting around in my garden for ages.

All of the above is based on the fact if the engine lasts as long as I hope it does!

PM for further details and I will be happy to assist.

Regards
Alex