PDA

View Full Version : Hello all a new mr2 virgin!

formautomotive
3rd December 2011, 11:29 AM
Hi from simon!

A bit about me I have always liked the mr2 since the days of being 14 15 (max power reader) im 24 now and have owned a selection of vw gti golfs, vans, subaru bugeye with 320bhp on dyno and currently boring myself with a bmw wiesel!

My uncle has a one owner mr2 mk1 in gray he was given because the owner trusts him to look after it I have done plently of hinting to hand it over but his plan is to store and restore once his 4 other projects are done so about 20 years or never!

I am the director of www.formautomotive.co.uk selling car cleaning products ( no sales pitches i promise! ), and i currently work in the largest mercedes repair bodyshop in the country in bishops stortford and have for 8 years.

As now have my company up and running i think its a good excuse to get a show car / project my plan is mr2 mk1 in white. full body resto and strengthing. standard outside apart from subtle wheels and coilovers. then ... engine conversion! as my day job we also work on alot of lotus's eg toyota power.

regards simon and hope to talk to you all shortly. ... possibly asking alot of questions.

oukie
9th December 2011, 08:14 PM
Hi Simon

Welcome, your uncle's car sounds like a Gunmetal grey car, probably the nicest and the rarest colour if its a UK car that is, Please if you are planning paint don't respray it white if its a UK car its one of about 4-5 known UK Gunmetal gray cars

There are plenty of white mk1s that you could respray and mod to make it into your show/project car.

Chris