PDA

View Full Version : Supercharger Styling Parts and other US Japanese MR2 Mk1 Parts

Daf @ Superb Classics
1st November 2011, 08:50 PM
After an engine lid off a Supercharger.

Also after the rear lighs and pannel. Are these a direct replacment for the UK Cars?

Also anything Genuine Toyota that can be used to make a Mk1 a little diferent to the UK cars. Will consider US parts and some aftermarket.

Thanks

superwhite90
1st November 2011, 10:23 PM
The Supercharger lights are actually standard US lights for cars '87+ whether they are natually aspirated or supercharged. You can pick em up from the US as a set. But if you are picky you'll want the boot lock too and these are as rare as rocking horse shit.

Something like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-89-TOYOTA-MR2-REAR-TAIL-LIGHTS-GOOD-COND-/110737012618?hash=item19c870b78a&item=110737012618&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

Daf @ Superb Classics
2nd November 2011, 01:34 AM
I see, thanks for the info. I saw some US lights off what may have been the earlier MK1's. There were very similar to the UK lights but with a diferent number plate pannel. Also there were circles in the red part of the lense, from memory.

Any idea what is required to change a UK car to Supercharger or US Lights. Has it been done?

Many thanks for your input :)

Also if anybody has any of these parts then be in touch, thanks

superwhite90
2nd November 2011, 10:37 AM
You have to drill new holes for the bolts, you can re-use the gaskets if you don't muller them when you take them off.

Many people have done it, there are many threads on here. Oukie is the best man to ask. I have done mine too.

oukie
8th November 2011, 08:42 PM
I heard my name :)

Daf @ Superb Classics
14th November 2011, 07:25 PM
Any info or parts appreciated :)

Fab4mr2
14th November 2011, 09:41 PM
FYI: The SC engine lid locks to the body in a different location than the NA version, and substantial modifications are required to make it fit right. You'll have to google it for how to do it.

Daf @ Superb Classics
15th November 2011, 02:37 AM
Thanks for the info. I have a supercharger and N/A MR2 at the moment, I shall compare the two tomorow.

So, what needs to be done? Tried to google it but got nothing usefull.

Thanks

Fab4mr2
15th November 2011, 10:20 PM
The lock bar on the lid needs to be moved left or right, can't remember which, or the locking mechanism on the body needs to be moved. Can't say that I recall the details. MR2oc.com probably has a few write ups on it, and that is where I have seen threads on it before.

Daf @ Superb Classics
16th November 2011, 03:44 AM
I shall have a look, thanks.

Daf @ Superb Classics
16th November 2011, 03:57 AM
and if anybody has any of this stuff going cheap then be in touch, I will also considering parts going cheep - although this could be a more challenging modification...

superwhite90
18th November 2011, 02:24 PM
Ollie is selling some stuff

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread.php?12779-Supercharger-(import)-rear-lights-bootlock-engine-lid

charged
18th November 2011, 03:38 PM
Ollie is selling some stuff

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread.php?12779-Supercharger-(import)-rear-lights-bootlock-engine-lid

Cheers Alex, I did PM him but didn't get a reply back so I put them up forsale.

Daf @ Superb Classics
18th November 2011, 04:08 PM
strange, never got a message. Too expensive for me im afraid but right sort of parts. Thanks for the info. Keep 'em comming! ;)

charged
18th November 2011, 04:30 PM
strange, never got a message. Too expensive for me im afraid but right sort of parts. Thanks for the info. Keep 'em comming! ;)

Good luck finding them cheaper, without meaning to be rude, unless you are very very lucky it's not the sort of stuff you pick up for £50

superwhite90
20th November 2011, 07:09 PM
Ollie is right mate, I bought my supercharger lights for £100 then sourced a boot lock and two keys for £75!!

I bought and broke a supercharger 18months ago and the engine lid went for £150 straight away.

Daf @ Superb Classics
22nd November 2011, 05:38 PM
I see, no offence taken :) These are not items I need just ones that I would buy to use in the future if a customer fancied them. I have had a few requests for non UK MR2 parts on some cars that I am restoring recently. One is having a Woodsport TD Engine Lid fitted which is a first for me.

If anybody has some cheep non UK parts then let me know, thanks.

superwhite90
23rd November 2011, 12:50 PM
'Cheap Non UK Parts' won't be cheap as they would be JDM and considered rare lol

superwhite90
23rd November 2011, 12:51 PM
I've got a gearknob removed from a supercharger which is identical to the N/A that's non uk...

Daf @ Superb Classics
23rd November 2011, 07:31 PM
I've got a gearknob removed from a supercharger which is identical to the N/A that's non uk...

Lol, I think you may be missing the whole point :)

oukie
23rd November 2011, 08:46 PM
You have to be very very very very lucky to get JDM parts in good nick cheap,

I trawl ebay ALOT and I was lucky enough to buy a genuine st of G-limited SC lights,centre panel and boot lock for £70

Did I say that I was lucky :)

I always look out for rare and unusual parts, they do come up but not often and can sometimes go for silly large money and silly litle money (usualy when I sell them :( )

Chris

superwhite90
23rd November 2011, 10:13 PM
I look on Ebay USA regularly for bits and pieces - have a look there

superwhite90
28th December 2011, 10:56 PM
I have a Supercharger interior panel which holds a flair if you're looking for a Genuine JDM part?

Daf @ Superb Classics
2nd January 2012, 10:24 PM
Thanks for the offer but due to a change in direction I am no longer looking for these parts and am selling my 2 current Mk1 MR2's, which are:

1989 Mica Blue with Sunroof, 55,000 miles from new with history in near mint condition.

1988 Mica Blue SUPERCHARGED, T-Bar, 27,000 miles from new with history in near mint condition.

I was intending on brining them up to A1 condition but my circumstances have changed, therefore will be sold as they are. I will be putting them up for sale in late January after I return from holiday. I will probably put an add in the forum too.

So thanks for the offers of parts but they are no longer needed.

Many thanks, Daf

superwhite90
3rd January 2012, 07:27 PM
I'll be selling mine in the summer, had enough of it.