PDA

View Full Version : [SOLD] 1988 supercharger T-bar for sale £2400

bluesunbeam
8th October 2011, 10:40 PM
SOLD
Mica blue supercharger with 45300 km for sale .

This car is in good condition other than third gear grinding when changing down quickly at higher speeds.
It is by no means in mint condition but has no serious rust .
The rear valance has been bent up in the middle about 2cm and has surface rust on it.
The nose cone has a slight dent in it.
There is a small patch of rust under the boot seal rubber about 3cm long that has been treated but not re-painted.
The chin spoiler is badly scraped at the bottom edge and has a large chip out of the paint (about 2 cm square) low down on the passenger side.
The rear quarters both have light surface rust at the bottom and about 5 cm up the back of the rear arch.
The side skirts are both quite scuffed in places.
The paint has peeled off the drivers side wing mirror mount .
The T-Bar leaks a bit .
There are some stone chips on the bonnet.
I must emphasise that any rust is just light surface rust and i am happy to jack the car up so people can get a proper look at the floorpan etc. and remove the side skirts so the sills can be examined.
The arches are all fine showing no sign of rust swelling up between the two metal skins.
I bought this car in 2008 and have only done 4000km in it .
When i bought the car both front arches were scraped and the rear nearside had a dent in it. I had this damage . repaired though you can still see evidence of the dent in the rear arch at certain angles and there is a small dark patch on the front nearside arch where the refinisher missed it with the topcoat .
When i read this back the car sounds terrible but it is honestly a very good car and looks great.
The interior is very tidy with no tears or marks. It is velour not leather.
There is no A/C .
I have had a Thatcham approved Toad immobiliser fitted .
It is fitted with a factory rear anti-roll bar .
The wheels are BBS alloys-3 have been kerbed.I do have the original wheels but they have spent many years in a damp celler and are in poor condition.
The Tyres are all Goodyear and have loads of tread left.
The exhaust is in good condition and is a Toyota item. The catalytic converter is still fitted.
During my ownership i have replaced the waterpump (did not fail but had a very annoying squeaking),cambelt and tensioner,s/c and alternater belts,clutch slave cylinder (complete unit0,clutch master cylinder(re-seal kit),dizzy,rotor arm,spark plugs,coolant(red forlife),air filter and front discs.All parts used were Toyota items bar the cam belt tensioner(Toyota sent the wrong part twice and i got fed up waiting and got it from Fensport) and the front discs.
The car as a proper Toyoya workshop manual that covers the n/a and s/c .
The MOT runs out April 8th 2012 and tax until 31/03/2012 .
A brief history of the car.
It was bought new by the Goodyear Tyre company and taken to their research facility in Luxembourg. After the testing was finished it sat in one of Goodyears storage depots until spotted by a freelance journalist who was doing some work for Goodyear.He bought it and it stayed in Luxembourg until he moved to the UK in 1997.
I realise that photos would help a lot but i am rubbish at all IT and will probably end up overloading the website.
The only forum members who has seen the car properly are Brawr and nocturnal(i think that is his name)who saw it at the Ace Cafe retro Toyota meeting . The car appears in some of the photos in the Past Events thread on the Ace Cafe retro meet - its reg ends in TLX .
If anyone is interested please call me on 01189583252 between 10am and 9pm-you can try and PM me but i dont know if that facility works due to my lack of posts on the forum . I am in Reading .

neiljones308
9th October 2011, 10:05 AM
HI,
Can you send a few pictures directly to me..... 'neilryanjones@hotmail.com'
Thanks, neil

bluesunbeam
9th October 2011, 10:27 AM
I have got the pictures i took yesterday onto photobucket . My account name is bluesunbeambucket.There are only 3 albums on there,all of the car.The album with 22 pictures on are the ones taken yesterday. The other two albums were taken about 6 monthe ago i think.I assume anyone can accesss them-if people cannot access the pictures please tell me .

9th October 2011, 04:25 PM
Just to save people searching, here's a link to the 22-pic album (as a slideshow): http://s899.photobucket.com/albums/ac195/bluesunbeambucket/supercharger%20october/?albumview=slideshow

bluesunbeam
9th October 2011, 05:27 PM
Thanks 5705-your help is appreciated

coanda
9th October 2011, 10:35 PM
It looks in decent nick. hope it goes to someone who can look after it!

kolby82
10th October 2011, 01:08 PM
looks like a good one, hopefully it'll go to somebody to love and enjoy and not just to be tarted up for a quick trader profit!
I'm sure with a bit of TLC it wouldnt be a million miles off the one on ebay for £8000 recently.

Cheers
Dan

bluesunbeam
11th October 2011, 07:28 PM
The car is now sold . I am gutted because i will probably never get another MR as good as this one . I had to sell because i just have too many vehicles to look after them all properly .
Thanks again to 5705 for sorting out access to the pictures .I am glad you got yourself such a great car - it is stunning. And thanks to the other forum members for such positive posts about the car .
The new owner went over the car very thoroughly and seems very happy with it though on the initial test drive the car,to my absolute horror developed a terrible knocking from the front drivers side wheel and we had to return to the lock- up . On investigation it transpired that some moron ( that would be me ) had not tightened up the front wheel properly when he had taken it off 3 days before - i had the novel sensation of feeling massively relieved and massively humiliated at the same time .

11th October 2011, 08:45 PM
Well done on the sale. I was very interested myself. :) But I've decided to get a NA as my #2.

Don't worry about that wheel. I sold an X1/9 to a chap who got drenched feet when I went around a left hand bend which lots of clogged-up rainwater swill out of the dash into the passenger foot well. Oops!

Kateg28
12th October 2011, 07:38 AM
I had all the floor work done on my car when I brought it back and after a traumatic (and expensive) 2 months I picked it up and drove off only to have the same knocking noise. I was beside myself but just managed to catch Dickersons before they closed and Neil came out immediately and checked the car and it was found to be loose wheel nuts.

The night before they had suffered a break in to the yard with thieves trying to steal wheels (can't get the cars out) . The security was quick to arrive and the thieves fled with nothing but Dickersons didn't realise they had tried the wheels until Neil came out to my car. He was then back to check all the other cars.

It happens to the professionals as well.....

12th October 2011, 08:30 AM
The night before they had suffered a break in to the yard with thieves trying to steal wheels

(insert Roger-Moore-style implausibly raised eyebrow smiley here)

bluesunbeam
12th October 2011, 11:34 PM
5705 - your last post ; very cynical but made me laugh lots and lots .
I welcomed yours and Kateg's (all Kates seem to be real sweeties ) attempts to make me feel better about the loose wheel . Sadly those efforts are in vain . What i failed to
say in my earlier post was that i spent a good part of the time i was with cars new owner telling him that i would never let a garage touch any of my vehicles because they
dont check things properly and i dont trust them . 50 years on the planet and i still havn't learned to keep my mouth shut......oh god the shame , the shame .............

Kateg28
13th October 2011, 06:21 AM
Aww shucks.
I am nicer in real life!