PDA

View Full Version : kop hill climb

darryl
26th September 2011, 07:47 PM
blue one mk1 b in car park

andyj
27th September 2011, 04:26 PM
Didn't get to Kop Hill Climb but my firm had a stand. Our MD took pics of a "concours" red Mark1a on display. It looked very good in pics almost like new inside.

darryl
27th September 2011, 05:53 PM
that was my MK1. should have had our MG there but it went for a service and needed parts, so could not take it. we took the coupe and hoped they let us in which they did

andyj
27th September 2011, 06:48 PM
that was my MK1. should have had our MG there but it went for a service and needed parts, so could not take it. we took the coupe and hoped they let us in which they did
Aha ...have you got dark hair? If so I perhaps have a picture of you. Got one of man (perhaps owner) next to the car. So is it all original or restored? Out of interest what sort of value do you think it has?

I too had an MG ZR 160. One of the best cars I've ever driven. Blow me that thing just went crazy anything after 4500rpm!

darryl
28th September 2011, 08:08 PM
Hi Andy
You're right, I have got dark hair. The car is totally original, every panel is as Toyota made it and I can honestly say it has zero rust anywhere, as I have been over it with a fine toothcombe, including taking off the side skirts, etc. The underneath of the car is still covered in red paint.
The guy I bought it of in Wales only did 400 miles in 11 years, and the previous owner never took it out in the rain and bought it new and trade in an X19 for it.
I have every single receipt ever spent on the car. It really is a time warp!
I guess money wise realistically 4 or 5 grand is top money for one of these. That said I wouldn't part with it for less than 10.
I know no-one is ever going to pay that for it, but the problem is what else can you buy that is as enjoyable to drive, as practical and reliable for less than 20 grand, there is really not a lot These really are an underrated car. But I guess we all know that, it's just the rest who don't.
And you're right a ZR is a great little car too.