PDA

View Full Version : Mr2 SV-3 Prototype Model Kit!

Jak_01
18th September 2011, 11:08 AM
Hello,
Just found this on eBay and are quite rare its an Toyota 'SV-3' prototype model kit (its not mine!). Although it is quite expensive it will be interesting to see if it fetches what it started at!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-SV-3-1600-MR-2-prototype-TWINCAM-16VALVE-1-24-FUJIMI-JAPAN-/370541436433?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5645fd9e11

Jack

Fab4mr2
2nd October 2011, 09:54 PM
Hey Jack: Yes, those are a great model, but that one is a bit expesnsive. You can find those on YJ for quite a bit less. I bought one there for far less. I liked it because it is one of the few MKI models that is really a duplicate of the actual car, instead of having various modifications to make it look cool. If I recall correctly the SV3 version linked here actually has an option to install an electrical motor that would run off of optionally installed batteries of some sort. The motor and batteries had to ordered separately, but I think a bit of wiring actually came in the original kit. I also have the SC version from the same company, which also is done identically to the original car, but does not have the electrical motor option. All in all, they are very nice models of the MKI. Unfortunately, mine are in storage right now so I can't go look at them.