PDA

View Full Version : Hi....help needed!!

dan87
16th September 2011, 12:19 PM
Hi!

I'm new to the forum. Owned my mr2 for a year now and absolutely love it! Not had the best of luck with it tho, had 2 people drive into the back of it and been broken into once (didnt take my cd player or satnav, just went for the car).

This is where i need help! The brek in happened 2 months ago, smashed the small window behind the drivers door. Arranged for the repair through 'a national windscreen repairer' (not mentioning names!!!). They say they are struggling to find a replacement piece of glass for it, can anyone help me with this please??

Any advice would be grately appriciated. Also, if there are any events happening around south yorkshire i would like to attend one with my mr2!!

Thanks, Dan.

dan87
18th October 2011, 12:24 PM
Window now sorted, have a new problem tho now (still not having much luck!)

My sidelights and one of the headlight bulbs have blown, so I swapped them both with new ones but now the headlights are working but the sidelights still aren't. Could it be a fuse problem?

By sidelights, I mean the lights in the pop up light not the ones on the bumper.

Any help would be good!

Thanks.

superwhite90
19th October 2011, 08:31 AM
You mean the headlights????

Have you remembered to connect the plugs into the headlights again? I have made this mistake before then had to take the headlight cover and black surround all off again. Are the bulbs you've replaced the blown ones with exactly same, i.e. wattage, as this may blow a fuse if they are too powerful.

mk1 dal
19th October 2011, 04:19 PM
hi do the check previously mentioned , if it still doesn't work on dip and main beam its probably going to be the light relay located below the washer bottle . to test it remove the plastic cover and maualy push the contacts together , if your lights work when contact is made the relay fubard and will need replacing .

gary