PDA

View Full Version : SOLD: 1989 Toyota Mk1 MR2, Red, 137k, MOT'd - £350

kalmr2
12th September 2011, 07:13 AM
**I tried to amend the title in the other thread but was unable - mods, could you please delete my other thread please**

I have an 89 MK1 (sunroof) that I will be looking to get rid of soon.....as I have just bought another car
The car is MOT'd til Nov 2011 and is taxed til the end of September

Paintwork - Red (though slightly faded in places (Toyota pink!) – there is some rust on the nearside rear arch (offside has been repaired in the past so has none) and the front wings are both in fairly good condition although there are a couple of very small spots of rust, though these are really really small, one front wing has reacted slightly too when it was replaced in the past with the lacquer and looks like a slightly cracked paint effect - though this isn't as bad as I'm describing, I just can't think of any other way to describe it!
Overall the bodywork of the car is 6/10 I would say as some of the lacquer is peeling and the car does have a few stone chips

137k miles on the clock, last services at 129 (I think?!) - the car has an induction kit and an aftermarket stainless exhaust, which is a twin exit (1 either side), the exhaust is loud though can be driven at motorway pace (it has bungs in either side that if removed will basically make your ears bleed!! not my cup of tea, but hey-ho)
very small amount of squeal when started up from cold, but goes away within 10 secs
Also has the PaulWoods manual choke conversion
Clutch is also fine

It has standard suspension but has 17" TSW alloys with 205/40 tyres... 3mm all round

The car also has JDM rear lights all wired up correctly.
The aerial / pop up lights all work exactly how they should.......in fact, nothing is broken, everything electrical works as it should!!
The front lights are very rare JDM RAYBRIG lights that give a much better light output than standard and have a nice crystal look to them - Philips extreme white bulbs

Good Pioneer CD player with iPod connection cable (lead come out of the glovebox for tidyness) – Alpine speakers upfront in the dash and some good 6x9 Sony speakers behind the seats that give a good surround feel to the audio system

The interior is the dark grey cloth with no signs of wear and no burns in either of the seats

The car also has remote central locking and a CAT2 immobiliser

I am based in Hamilton (just outside of Glasgow) and can arrange pick up from local airports / train stations if required.

£350 - no offers....the car is worth far more in parts but I just don't have time to break it

Thanks
Karl - 07707719933
please mail me your email address for pictures and I'll send them on as I have loads!
I will try and load some up this weekend though!!

kalmr2
15th September 2011, 12:59 PM
Now Sold :)

Donna
17th September 2011, 10:11 AM
Im local and will 100% buy it if the buyer lets you down, cheers

kalmr2
19th September 2011, 07:14 AM
car now sold