PDA

View Full Version : 1985 Mk1a 75000miles, completely original

seankenyon
9th September 2011, 03:05 PM
No Longer For Sale

Jak_01
10th September 2011, 03:54 PM
Great looking MK1a, especially an 85' one in red must be quite rare now; wish I had £2000 to spend lol :D Heres a free bump anyway and good luck with the sale :)

Jack

seankenyon
10th September 2011, 07:03 PM
Thanks Jack, yeah I've found it to be quite rare regarding the stripes from the early models not the 3-stripe on later models :-D

rockinhorse
12th September 2011, 08:47 PM
lovely looking example of a mark 1 a, rare to see early models as good as this ..good luck with sale sean ..be careful though as some members on here will try to rubbish and discredit your opinion of "totally original"..i doubt it will put any serious buyers off as it only encouraged my sale futher..worth every penny of £2000 in my opinion..

seankenyon
13th September 2011, 02:11 PM
Thanks, im not sure how many mk1a's exist but ive not seen many! I'll keep that in mind thanks, i know that some low mileage mk1b's have been advertised at £2500 or more but i thought £2000 was more reasonable...

coverco
13th September 2011, 04:47 PM
Thanks Jack, yeah I've found it to be quite rare regarding the stripes from the early models not the 3-stripe on later models :-D

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread.php?6567-From-rust-bucket-to-wedding-car!-)-PIC-HEAVY&highlight=kmk11

I have done the Mk1a stripes before for KMK11 see attached thread, I assume you are referring to the missing stripes on the rear quarter of your car. I won't comment on the "totally original" bit as I don't know your car (however pesonally I think if a car has had bodywork done you should declare it) but if you want some stripes give me a shout and I will try to help :thumbup:

seankenyon
13th September 2011, 04:53 PM
And so it begins... "totally original" Lol! Well spotted Tommy :-) thanks for the stripe info. too, ive been trying to get some specially made for a while now, rest assured these will be replaced prior to the sale, thanks again for your help :-)

coverco
13th September 2011, 05:29 PM
Actually I did spot it as soon as you posted it but as I have no knowledge of your car I decided I could not comment. You or a previous owner could have removed the stripes because you did not like them :D

So are you saying you don't want me to produce you some stripes? As they are only small I was going to offer them free of charge as I have done with other members on here. They would of course not be "totally original" but it could have been our little secret ;)

PS Offer still stands :thumbup:

seankenyon
13th September 2011, 07:26 PM
Apologies as i did not realize your message or link was suggesting you could supply the stripes, if you could id be happy to pay? That would be awesome, I can't tell you how hard it has been to get some so far :-(

Many thanks, Sean

coverco
13th September 2011, 07:35 PM
Apologies as i did not realize your message or link was suggesting you could supply the stripes, if you could id be happy to pay? That would be awesome, I can't tell you how hard it has been to get some so far :-(

Many thanks, Sean

Sean my post was not ambiguous, it clearly asks if you would like me to produce you some stripes. Did you actually read it?

Anyway could you take a good close up picture of the stripes on your car to help me get a colour match. Then PM me your address and I will try to help :D

seankenyon
13th September 2011, 08:01 PM
Tommy, yeah your right I totally misread, I tried to pm you earlier but your mailbox is full, I'll send you pics tomorrow, thanks for your help :-)

coverco
13th September 2011, 08:45 PM
Inbox emptied Sean, sorry.

neiljones308
13th September 2011, 08:56 PM
Hi Sean,
The car is looking good. I have got some of the rare body mouldings/stripes the same as on your car if you want some as spares for your or the new owner.
Good luck with the sale, Neil

seankenyon
13th September 2011, 10:25 PM
Inbox emptied Sean, sorry.

You have a pm Tommy ;-)

Thanks Neil, much appreciated.

Fab4mr2
17th September 2011, 10:36 PM
Georgeous car. I would kill for an '85 MKI in that condition and mileage over here. GLWS!

seankenyon
18th September 2011, 09:47 PM
Cheers, alot of hard work went into it to get it back to good condition, alot of polishing..

seankenyon
19th September 2011, 08:41 PM
Would consider a swap for a track specification Mk1 MR2 if it conforms to the regulations of the race series :-)

Daf @ Superb Classics
20th September 2011, 04:30 PM
I could possibly help you out with the Mk1a stripes, I currently sell Mk1b stripes and decals on ebay and have been for years. As close to the original as you can get and cheaper! :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-MR2-Mk1-3-Stripe-Decals-Stickers-Kit-1987-90-/150660941172?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2314178574

I have never owned a Mk1a so would need to have a look at the car or at least get photos, measurements and a sample. I would need x1 stripe and x1 moulding temperarily to do an accurate colour and finish match. Are they slightly metalic like the Mk1b decals?

If I can help then let me know :)

Daf 07877-842769

MR2MK1
20th September 2011, 06:47 PM
Hi Daf can you do the MK1b stripes in black
Colin

MR2MK1
20th September 2011, 06:53 PM
Coverco
Any idea why i cant private message you
Colin

superwhite90
20th September 2011, 07:38 PM
Inbox is probably full

seankenyon
20th September 2011, 08:42 PM
Hi Daf, thanks for the offer but Coverco is sorting some for me :-)

seankenyon
20th September 2011, 08:44 PM
P.S. In addition swapping with a track car I would also be open to offers on the price :-)

Daf @ Superb Classics
23rd September 2011, 01:59 AM
No worries, you are very welcome :)

seankenyon
30th September 2011, 09:22 AM
Having seen the thread on disputing vehicles described as "Totally original" please see as follows my revised description of my car: it currently has all the factory specification fittings but has been "Restored to original specification" on both rear quarter panels and corner sills, however awaits replacement factory-replica stripes between the rear bumper and back of the rear wheel arch on both sides.

Although im looking to spend money on the car and convert or swap it for a track car, i would accept an offer of £1800 :-)

Tommy (Coverco) please can you give me an update on the stripes? Thanks :-)

seankenyon
23rd April 2013, 05:42 PM
Mods please reinstate thread, thanks:

Ive got my MR2 up for sale due to a change in work circumstances:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/toyota/mr2/toyota-mr2-1986/1210669

I know some vehicles of this mileage and reasonable quality are going for more so ive tried to price it fairly between what its worth in the current market and what i need to get for it.

Therefore im happy to accept offers around the asking price

Thanks, Sean.