PDA

View Full Version : Here is a Mk1 MR2 that everyone can afford.....

neiljones308
6th September 2011, 08:27 PM
Check out this rare model............
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250886903637?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

coverco
6th September 2011, 08:48 PM
I would have bid on this but delivery of 33-35 days is too long to wait.

neiljones308
6th September 2011, 09:55 PM
Hi Tommy,
I clicked the wrong button, dispatch time is 2 days, not 33 to 35 days!!
Thanks for pointing that out.
Cheers, Neil

coverco
7th September 2011, 06:20 AM
Good luck with the sale Neil, my son was looking for one of these and the only place to get them is from Japan.

scoobyblue
7th September 2011, 09:44 AM
I would have bid on this but delivery of 33-35 days is too long to wait.

make sure its not a special edition , :)

coverco
7th September 2011, 09:47 AM
It is easy to make it a Super Edition just put a couple of stickers on and paint the seats like recaros, after all the engine and chassis is the same :D

scoobyblue
7th September 2011, 10:33 AM
It is easy to make it a Super Edition just put a couple of stickers on and paint the seats like recaros, after all the engine and chassis is the same :D

the green eyed monster really has got you bad tommy

coverco
7th September 2011, 11:01 AM
the green eyed monster really has got you bad tommy

If you like to think so, I have a MK1 which I like very much. However if I was going to spend around £4000 on a car I would not buy a MK1 which will rust and has only 25 bhp and 10mph at the top end more than an N/A which would cost around £1500 for a good one. For £4000 you could get a much better car but that is only my opinion of course :-D

superwhite90
10th September 2011, 03:46 PM
Don't start this again, discuss it in private. Scoobyblue give it a rest, one thread has already been locked for embarassing and childish behaviour, don't add to it.

scoobyblue
11th September 2011, 12:01 PM
Don't start this again, discuss it in private. Scoobyblue give it a rest, one thread has already been locked for embarassing and childish behaviour, don't add to it.

i think you should check my reply before describing it as embarassing or childish behaviour,nor did i see the title of moderator on your profile

neiljones308
11th September 2011, 02:10 PM
Calm down calm down :0) I think this thread has been taken over a bit. I'm sure it's just a bit of harmless banter. Supercharger, non supercharger, special edition it doesn't matter to me. I just like the Mk1 MR2 as a bit of fun car. So we are all fighting for the same team really.
;0)

scoobyblue
11th September 2011, 02:35 PM
Calm down calm down :0) I think this thread has been taken over a bit. I'm sure it's just a bit of harmless banter. Supercharger, non supercharger, special edition it doesn't matter to me. I just like the Mk1 MR2 as a bit of fun car. So we are all fighting for the same team really.
;0)

funny, that is how it used to be ,i think it can be put down to a clash of personalities , i tried to be light hearted with my original reply but if tommy wishes to keep digging then the floor is all his and i will simply have to avoid his individual posts and replies , life is too short!

kevin..in
11th September 2011, 03:26 PM
funny, that is how it used to be ,i think it can be put down to a clash of personalities , i tried to be light hearted with my original reply but if tommy wishes to keep digging then the floor is all his and i will simply have to avoid his individual posts and replies , life is too short!

Yes Tommy seems to be digging but it looks like you handed him the spade, please chill a bit, this really doesn't look good to the casual viewer of this forum. The MK1 Club is not like that

Monkeymax
11th September 2011, 05:00 PM
Aye gents, please keep it light and on topic if possible! ;)

coverco
11th September 2011, 05:05 PM
:D As Vic Reeves used to say "You wouldn't let it lie" or as it is Sunday and we want to stay on the digging theme perhaps Galatians 6:7 "for whatever a man shall sow, that also shall he reap." would be apt :D

Only three days to go on the listing Neil, I suspect you will get a few bids near the end. These models do crop up occasionally but are really quite rare, hope you get a good price for it, I might even go for a last minute snipe myself :+:

Jak_01
11th September 2011, 05:11 PM
Yeah cool nice model and good price at the moment they can turn out pretty well with a bit of paint and glue. You should take a look at my topic i did a while back Ive still got quite a few models (even some remote control MR2's :). http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread.php?6308-Show-of-your-MK1-MR2-collection!-PIC-HEAVY!/page2
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/

Thank you
Jack

Monkeymax
11th September 2011, 05:15 PM
When I finish here at Uni, I am hoping to pick up a model myself and do it up. It'll probably have to be a t-bar though, just like the real thing! :)

neiljones308
11th September 2011, 08:44 PM
Hi Jack,
That is an excellent job you have done of that MR2 model, it makes me think i should have kept mine now and not put it for auction !!
Hi Tommy,
Please go for it with a last minute snipe, but make it a good one, there are 32 watchers on it!!
Cheers Lads, and good luck if you decide to snipe/bid, Neil

mk1 dal
11th September 2011, 10:28 PM
opps the price just went up :wink:, i want a model to build it should be a dame site easier than the real thing :lol:.

gary

neiljones308
14th September 2011, 07:09 AM
This ends in tonight, so please make a bid if your like it.
Good Luck, Neil