PDA

View Full Version : Rear Sway/Link Bar

phaeton
5th September 2011, 11:04 AM
Not quite sure of it's proper name, I would call it a Panhard rod, but not sure if that's right, but it is the bar that goes from the NS body back to the bottom of the hub with the large nuts on it. The one that stops the wheel going back into the wheel arch & gives you adjustment on your castor.

On this stolen picture it's called a strut rod in the bottom left, but that's likely to be yankeedoodledandy talk

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2011/09/rear_strut1-1.jpg

Alan...

neiljones308
5th September 2011, 12:59 PM
HI,
Yes i have got one for the near side. It is £15 plus £4.95 P&P.
Please email me..... neilryanjones@hotmail.com
Thanks, Neil

jimi
5th September 2011, 01:12 PM
On this stolen picture it's called a strut rod in the bottom left, but that's likely to be yankeedoodledandy talk

Alan...
Mr T calls it a strut rod :)

That stolen picture is from Mr T's BGB so it's going to be Jap speak if anything ;)

phaeton
5th September 2011, 01:24 PM
Oops copyrighted information, that's a bit naughty, sorry Mr T it just came up on Google twasn't me honest.

Neil, I'll speak to my son, it's his car.

Alan...

coverco
7th September 2011, 03:41 PM
I think I have one of those under my patio, it might need a new bush but if you fancy a run up the M1 you can have it, if you want it let me know and I will check to make sure it is there :thumbup:

phaeton
7th September 2011, 04:26 PM
I think I have one of those under my patio, it might need a new bush but if you fancy a run up the M1 you can have it, if you want it let me know and I will check to make sure it is there :thumbup:

Cheers mate, but I have sent money off for the other one a couple of days ago, not seen anything as of yet.

If you do go look under your patio see if my wife is there, I buried her under mine a few years ago but when I looked the other day she'd gone, or was that just a dream.

Alan...

coverco
7th September 2011, 04:43 PM
I already have a wife and one is enough thank you Alan. If you need anything else let me know as I have boxes of bits which I normally just give to club members.

phaeton
8th September 2011, 08:05 PM
HI,
Yes i have got one for the near side. It is £15 plus £4.95 P&P.
Please email me..... neilryanjones@hotmail.com
Thanks, Neil

Any news on delivery Neil, was hoping to have it by today.

Alan...

neiljones308
10th September 2011, 11:18 PM
Hi Alan,
I posted the rod on Thursday. If you haven't had it yet, you should get it very soon. I have laft all the nuts and bolts and washers on it for you.
Thanks, Neil