PDA

View Full Version : 1987 Red MR2 Mk1 t-bar Supercharger for sale

Irv
28th August 2011, 05:24 PM
I'm selling my MR2 due to loosing my garage. Please see my ebay listing:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200646454398#ht_542wt_1139

Monkeymax
28th August 2011, 05:32 PM
Sorry to see you're selling. I know the previous owner of this and was really tempted to buy this when it was previously up for sale. I was put off then by the auto gearbox and now regret not buying it. Shame I can't afford it now... It is a lovely car!
It's not the only red supercharger in the country, but it is the only original red supercharger in the country - that is, the other red superchargers (I know of two others) were both conversions from normally aspirated to supercharger engines.

kevin..in
28th August 2011, 07:06 PM
Is that Mac Sheavils old car? Very very rare in that colour

Monkeymax
28th August 2011, 09:19 PM
Yeah Kev, almost certain it is. The rarity helps but I spent quite a while looking at it previously! :)

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donna
28th August 2011, 09:37 PM
There is a red manual supercharger for sale on IMOC which is original.

I was also interested in this car when Michael was selling it, it was mint then too.

Irv
29th August 2011, 07:31 AM
Is that Mac Sheavils old car? Very very rare in that colour

Yes it is. When he sold it to me, he mentioned there were only two original superchargers in red in the UK that the club were aware of - one manual, one auto. What a coincidence both are for sale at the same time!

kevin..in
29th August 2011, 08:18 AM
Does it still have its tow bar? Mac used it to tow a caravan

Irv
29th August 2011, 10:17 AM
Does it still have its tow bar? Mac used it to tow a caravan

No, he took it off before I bought it.

mk1 dal
30th August 2011, 01:57 AM
hi nice looking car , if you wanted to import a charger it would cost at least 7000 pounds for a auto and more than 10000 - 14000 pounds for a manual now , the Japanese have realized they have been exporting a piece of there motoring heritage over the years and prices have rocketed . don't undersell your car its worth a lot more and ebay is the last place i would put a classic car as it really only attracts people after a bargain and only willing to spend as little as possible . a good friend of mine knows people who deal in classic cars and says a top condition mr2 supercharge is fetching at least 10000 pounds now . there a collectors after them with money and will pay the asking price if its a good one .

gary

Kateg28
30th August 2011, 07:50 AM
a top condition mr2 supercharge is fetching at least 10000 pounds now . there a collectors after them with money and will pay the asking price if its a good one .

gary
Really? I have seen them for sale in the 4 to 5k range but I don't think any more than that. Having said that, although I have seen some in very good condition, I am not sure any of them are concours.

I bought mine with my heart, not for investment and I think that is the way to go.

Irv
30th August 2011, 12:45 PM
I think cars in general are only worth as much as people are willing to pay for them. However, you may have to wait a while to get the highest price!

I saw a mica blue Supercharger go on ebay last week for just over £2K. My car has an agreed insurance value of £3K. I have therefore set a reserve price between these two figures. So, don't worry Gary, I won't let it go for less than what I think it's worth!

I do think these cars will one day be worth in the region of £10K, but I don't think that time is now. £4-5K at the moment for cars in showroom condition maybe, but I don't believe my car is in showroom condition. I've enjoyed driving it!

I don't think cars make great investments anyway. Sure the classics appreciate in value (after they've hit 'the bottom'), but how much do you have to spend on it keeping it in mint condition along the way...?

Irv
4th September 2011, 08:59 PM
[QUOTE=Irv;130164]I think cars in general are only worth as much as people are willing to pay for them. However, you may have to wait a while to get the highest price!

Well, looks like supercharger autos are going for about £2k at the moment! My reserve was too high for that though! Anyone want to make me an offer? Alternatively, anyone got a garage I could use? ;-)