PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilt callipers, EBC discs and yellow stuff pads

Neil_turbo
23rd August 2011, 10:53 AM
Calipers were rebuilt around 4000 miles (18 months) ago using brakes international rebuild kits, they were also painted in red High temp caliper paint, though there are a few chips so could do with a touch up

Discs were on at the same time and have the absolute slightest lip so in excellent condition. They were zinc coated before install so still look in good condition and will not rust from the inside

Pads are prob around 50 % worn at worst

Truly excellent brake set up and only for sale due to 5stud hub upgrade so they don't fit!

£200 delivered

Danthrax
23rd August 2011, 12:10 PM
any advantages to the 5 stud upgrade?

Neil_turbo
23rd August 2011, 12:19 PM
Its to allow me to run complete mk2 rear driveshafts in my 1.5, people have experienced issues with the hybrid ST185 ones on high power engines.

Having said that its a case of new wheel bearings, machined mk2 axle flanges, new wheels, modified carriers, front carrier adapters mk2 dics, so a massive job!

Danthrax
23rd August 2011, 12:38 PM
oh i see, no point me doing that for now then, sticking with the 4A on carbs myself

Neil_turbo
23rd August 2011, 02:53 PM
yep, wouldnt reccomend it unless absolutely required, it has been a massive headache.

standard brakes in good condition is sufficient 99% of the time. The calipers i am replacing with are all being rebuilt so i can ensure the same spec as these!

Neil_turbo
4th September 2011, 10:02 AM
these are now sold