PDA

View Full Version : CANCELLED:Stoneleigh Restoration Show Sunday 23rd Oct 2011

unowho
15th August 2011, 08:10 PM
We have just received the booking form for this show, I will not be able to attend this on as I have other meetings at this time, So if anyone is able to take this one on could you please let me know ASAP.

As norm we need two cars ( One to be worked one, One for show ) And as many hands to help out.

The only draw back is that if we want electric this year it will cost £80 per socket, And I think this a a little over the top for what we would use, But would the committee be willing to pay this??

For the club stand we will still get 10 personal passes and 5 vehicle passes

MORE DETAILS TO FOLLOW

Debs

CANCELLED

Karl_T
16th August 2011, 11:36 AM
A good event this, £80 does seem a bit steep, but power can be critical to some jobs, worklights grinders etc. Plus you can't make a cuppa without. If we know the event is going to be well attended then I'd support coughing up for power, but we've struggled to get people to this for a while, which is a shame as it's a good day out. Stuff to see, and you're almost bound to learn something.

MelR2Mk1
16th October 2011, 09:56 AM
Well if anyone wants to replace my typically-non-functional-electric aerial, remove and replace front bumper and stick a new horn in while the bumper's off, feel free...oh, and she now has a leak so you could search for some welding to do too...but only if you're bored like! I might actually learn something.

unowho
16th October 2011, 07:47 PM
Well seeing as Mel was the only one (apart from Karl saying how good the show is) think we are going to have to say we are NOT attending Stoneleigh this year.
It is a shame but what with economy at the moment think Stoneleigh will realise that maybe charging for electric etc is not easy for some clubs at present.

Debs

oukie
29th October 2011, 08:31 PM
There is charging for leccy and there is OVER charging for leccy Debs, £80 are they having a tinny

Chris