PDA

View Full Version : 29x 4age shims

ScottMR2
14th August 2011, 08:35 PM
So after my HG change and vigourous valve lapping , i found i had no clearance on a couple of valves.

A quick visit to the scrap yard this morning and i manage to whip the cams out of some heap of a corina, and a more recent corola. Despite different bucket types, the shims look identical, and are indeed interchangeable as far as i can tell. Even if they arent, i just did 20 miles with them in, so cant be bad...

Ive got 29 in total, as 3 fell into the mud and i couldnt be arsed to retrieve them.

my vernier isnt decent enough to measure them accurately (i used them to simply find the thinnest ones to get my car working), so not sure what sizes i have, but mostly around the 3mm + mark, some a touch under 3mm...

If anyone is refurbing a head, im offering these for free, then take the ones you need, and then pass them on to the next person who so requires a set. All i would ask is the cost of postage to be covered by paypal.

Cheers,

Scott

gonae86
16th August 2011, 06:23 AM
Hi mate.
I will b rebuilding my engine soon.
Let me know how much is the postage and your paypal address.
cheers.

ScottMR2
16th August 2011, 09:17 PM
Will get them posted at work tommorow.

PM me your address, cant imagin it will be more than 3quid to post them in a jiffy bag...

Cheers,

Scott