PDA

View Full Version : Red , D reg , deep dish style alloys, Carterton BP garage

ScottMR2
14th August 2011, 04:05 PM
Id just taken my mk1 out for its first trip in 3 months since painfully replacing the headgasket, when i saw you drive past!

Your car was looking great, was it a tbar?

wierdly, last time i went on a trip anywhere in the mk1, i bumped into another mk1 in the same petrol station...

darryl
14th August 2011, 07:14 PM
it was me... just been to the stanton house hotel in stanton fitzwarren for a japanese buffet (owned by honda - great food and fantasic location) with my wife and a couple of friends in their MGA MK1

hope the cars going ok after the hg replacement. we did ours over the winter once we sorted out the tps ( thanks to some help from woodsport) and got all the air out of the systems it's been runing perfect. we took it to the black forest in germany last month (with the mg owners club) we did over 2000 mile and it did not miss a beat

it's a coupe

Darryl

ScottMR2
14th August 2011, 08:24 PM
Nice, i cant imagin what it would be like to take my mr2 on a long trip, so far its proven to be completely knackered in every respect most of the time... 'It seemed a good idea at the time' lol, famous last words.

just before i set off from my drive way, a rear wheel stud sheared as i tightened the wheel nuts! typical... Id just sandblasted/repainted/lacquered the alloys, new tyres all round, and balanced on the inside...

I noticed the MG infront of you, a mini classic convoy almost!

darryl
15th August 2011, 07:19 PM
Sorry to hear you've got troubles with it. Hope you get them all sorted in time to enjoy the rest of the summer. Looked like a nice car though

ScottMR2
16th August 2011, 09:18 PM
I bought it as a summer car, i knew it would give me some trouble, i hadnt expect the headgasket to go a few weeks later and then take 3 months to get it sorted...

Still, driving it around now, and it feels good!