PDA

View Full Version : alive again...

rockinhorse
5th August 2011, 08:41 PM
well guys whats been ha pa nin ..got an invite for cavalcade and show in ballynahinch on 17th aug.. anyone goin ?..believe our ALO is the proud dad of a new arrival...lots of small local classic shows lately hard to know if its worth goin for a gander or not..been lots of mark 1,s on gumtree this last month..where have all these owners been ..amazing they own these cars but never get in touch or make an effort to meet up even if its only for parts info or the like..you would think we where a bunch of snobs or maybe its the opposite and meetin up in mark 1,s in large numbers makes us lowlife? ...who knows..ps ..i got my weeping distributor fixed with a new seal and re-furb kit from canada..just wax and polish again until next year..

MR2MK1
8th August 2011, 12:26 PM
Hi Ron

I will be attending Ballynahinch on the 17th now that you have reminded me:thumbup:
Yes have obtained another 2 for restoration .It is an 88 white (not for long) sunroof model with blue interior.It needs 2 front wings which i have now got and the usual back arches done .I have went round it and it also needs some welding but nothing found to date that cant be fixed , the engine is purring and has a full history from new every little detail has been listed.Roberta has claimed it as hers so sit back and wait as from the talk it is going to stand out in the crowd when finished LOL.
When i get the bits together i will start a restoration thread for all to see
Will be in touch before the 17th

Colin

scoobyblue
16th August 2011, 08:16 PM
well guys whats been ha pa nin ..got an invite for cavalcade and show in ballynahinch on 17th aug.. anyone goin ?..believe our ALO is the proud dad of a new arrival...lots of small local classic shows lately hard to know if its worth goin for a gander or not..been lots of mark 1,s on gumtree this last month..where have all these owners been ..amazing they own these cars but never get in touch or make an effort to meet up even if its only for parts info or the like..you would think we where a bunch of snobs or maybe its the opposite and meetin up in mark 1,s in large numbers makes us lowlife? ...who knows..ps ..i got my weeping distributor fixed with a new seal and re-furb kit from canada..just wax and polish again until next year..
maybe they heard about your bbq's ronnie, i have seen pics of the burnt offerings and drew my own conclusions lol

MR2MK1
16th August 2011, 08:29 PM
Pat so thats explains why you went underground Ronnies cooking,when will you be joining us again,:lol:
Bought Roberta a 2 for her birthday it needs some work which i started tonight hope to have it sorted for next year .Will be starting a progress thread soon.
Colin

rockinhorse
16th August 2011, 09:16 PM
no need to turn your back for a minute just like old times...one momentary slip and your pounced on...no mention of what all was scoffed before the camera appeared eh pat ? thats is rabbit food from now on dear LAO...lol.. and green teeth...

scoobyblue
17th August 2011, 08:10 PM
just waiting for some quotes on a bit of welding on humphry , but have the porsche up and running, my dad died last week after a long battle with cancer so it has been difficult to concentrate on anything else over the last year but now he is at peace i hope to get all the things done that didnt seem to be that important at the time

rockinhorse
19th August 2011, 05:18 PM
sorry to hear that pat, seems you never have to wait long until someone is telling you of a loss.. was at a good mates funeral last week only 39 and gone,, my uncle 3 weeks ago and an auntie last week.. makes you think...live for the moment.. and tear on regardless eh?.. see you soon mate in the upper class posey pasta car ..lol...

scoobyblue
19th August 2011, 05:38 PM
sorry to hear that pat, seems you never have to wait long until someone is telling you of a loss.. was at a good mates funeral last week only 39 and gone,, my uncle 3 weeks ago and an auntie last week.. makes you think...live for the moment.. and tear on regardless eh?.. see you soon mate in the upper class posey pasta car ..lol...
he was 83 so had a full life and left many happy memories, and the posey pasta car doesnt hold a candle to the " wedge"

alpha13
22nd August 2011, 10:12 AM
good to hear from you pat. sorry to hear about your loss :(
as for you colin.... the more cars the merrier..mind you i think white is
a lovely colour on them.. but then i am guessing it wont be going lime kawasaki
green like you wanted to do your one in?? LOL what colour is roberta thinking of??
hopefully next year will be better year for all of us and the cars :) :)

scoobyblue
22nd August 2011, 11:25 AM
thanks for that mark , hope to see you all soon , i will be getting rid of the porsche soon to put the money towards doing a full restoration on humphrey with a full respray. i wonder if i should drop the engine and get it rebuilt while i am at it? incidentally i became a dad 10 weeks ago , not bad for a 50 year old, and the perfect example of the balance of life, my new arrival followed by my dads passing

alpha13
23rd August 2011, 04:16 PM
congratulations on the new baby pat :) :) boy or girl???
as for the engine... if it is running fine i would not open it up...as once open it is very unlikely to be as good after no matter how well it is rebuilt... it is generally an unwritten rule in the trade that you only open an engine to rebuild it if either (A) you have a head gasket,rings,bearings problem or something like that, or (b) if you are rebuilding the engine for performance and using performance equipment to support it... i certainly wont be going near my engine when i eventually get to restoring and repainting bumblebee.... personally it isnt work the risk.. but thats my opinion :) lol

scoobyblue
23rd August 2011, 04:48 PM
baby girl mark, called joan. i thgink you are right about the engine, typical overkill on my part lol, i cant seem to be able to contact colin for stephen allison's number , could you ask him to email me with it, i wanted to ask him a few questions about it anyway, cheers