PDA

View Full Version : Hi All, Just got my first Mr2

skippy
27th July 2011, 09:21 AM
As it says above ^
It's a 1989 mk1. Always been a big fan and finally took the plunge. Mechanicals seem to be pretty sound except a rattly drivers window and aerial motor is a bit sticky. Some bubbling starting on arches and usual places, but seems fairly superficial. I'll add some pics when my account gets verified.

feganmeister
27th July 2011, 06:34 PM
Welcome Skippy :+: Look after her, she'll give you plenty of fun driving in return!

PS If you're in need of bits I've got one breaking and the forums here are generally pretty busy :)

daddy dog
27th July 2011, 06:49 PM
where in the country r u skippy? and welcome

skippy
28th July 2011, 11:46 AM
Hi,
Thanks for the welcome, I'm in Pontypridd, South Wales. (Giving it a good run thru the mountain roads tonight) May need an aerial motor if cant get this one sorrted, and am pondering sticking a leather interior in it, but the standard interior is pretty much immacculate
Heres some pics

mk1_mods
28th July 2011, 03:31 PM
Welcome Skippy. Great to see another MR2 Owner in south wales. Im over in Llantwit Fardre and have a spare MR2 on my drive which i use to leach parts from. Feel free to take what you need. If you need anything buzz me.

mk1_mods

skippy
28th July 2011, 03:39 PM
Don't suppose its got a leather interior has it? lol. Aerial work?
it wasnt your black or dk blue one I saw on the Graig Tuesday night was it?

Kateg28
5th August 2011, 09:39 AM
Hello and welcome. If your aerial motor is a bit sticky, you are a lucky person. I cannot remember knowing a MK1 with a working original motor. Your car looks lovely!