PDA

View Full Version : MK1 Wanted

mk1bexwa
26th July 2011, 11:24 AM
I have been given permission to spend abit of money on a MK1.

I am looking for a MK1 thats taxed and tested and runs.

I have about £500.

As long as its solid, rust isnt a problem.

Anyone know where may find one? (I have tried ebay and pistonheads.)

Kind Regards,
Beckie

FossMan
26th July 2011, 11:40 AM
Tried gumtree? There is a very nice one here in Bristol but it's £900.

£500 is getting pretty close to complete rotter money though!

mk1bexwa
26th July 2011, 11:53 AM
Yeah I know that £500 isnt much when it comes to MK1s, but I just want a MK1 to drive whilst mine is haveing a new engine and all the bodywork doing. As long as it has tax and test and can be driven thats fine.

kalmr2
26th July 2011, 12:57 PM
Beckie

I have an 89 MK1 (sunroof) that I will be looking to get rid of soon.....just looking at getting another car

The car is MOT'd til Jan 2012 (I'll need to check to be sure, but is def 2012) and has a couple of months tax on it.

Red (though faded in places (toyota pink!!!) - rust on nearside rear arch (offside has been repaired in the past so has none) and the front wings are both in fairly good condition. Overall the bodywork of the car is 6/10 I would say as some of the lacquer is peeling (I did toy with the idea of doing a 'home' matt-black spray job on the car)

136k miles on the clock, last services at 129 (I think?!) - the car has an induction kit and an aftermarket stainless exhaust, which is a twin exit (1 either side), the exhaust is loud though can be driven at motorway pace (it has bungs in either side that if removed will basically make your ears bleed!! not my cup of tea, but hey-ho)
very small amount of squeal when started up from cold, but goes away within 10 secs
Also has the PaulWoods manual choke conversion
Clutch is also fine

It has standard suspension but has 17" TSW alloys with 205/40 tyres......the tyres will prob need replaced in the next couple of thousand miles though

the car also has JDM rear lights and the aerial / pop up lights all work exactly how they should.......in fact, nothing is broken, everything works as it should.

Good CD player with Pioneers in the dash with iPod connection cable (leads out of the glovebox for tidyness)

the interior is the dark grey cloth with no signs of wear and no burns in either of the seats

the car also has remote central locking and a CAT2 immobiliser

I'm going to advertise after I get a replacement car (expected within the next week) at £600ono due to the bodywork issues.......but if you were genuinely interested I would let it go for, say, £450?

kalmr2
26th July 2011, 01:20 PM
just to add,......at the last MOT the only thing that the car needed was a brake bulb! it flew through with no welding or anything needing done, not even any advisories!

mk1bexwa
26th July 2011, 01:50 PM
P'Med

Could you send me some pictures please?

kalmr2
26th July 2011, 03:10 PM
replied

Master-B
26th July 2011, 03:38 PM
I'm going to advertise after I get a replacement car (expected within the next week) at £600ono due to the bodywork issues.......but if you were genuinely interested I would let it go for, say, £450?

You drive a hard bargain ha ha! If Beckie falls through I might be interested. Where is the car?

soulcruiser58
26th July 2011, 07:46 PM
hi beckie, i have a good example i am selling, f reg, 106,000, full 12 months mot, taxed end sept 2011, sunroof, red, all electrics work, passenger wing needs slight work but other three are mint with no filler. looking for offers around £600. derby area.

mk1bexwa
27th July 2011, 06:29 PM
hi beckie, i have a good example i am selling, f reg, 106,000, full 12 months mot, taxed end sept 2011, sunroof, red, all electrics work, passenger wing needs slight work but other three are mint with no filler. looking for offers around £600. derby area.

P'Med