PDA

View Full Version : Breaking '89 T-Bar (White)

feganmeister
9th July 2011, 07:01 PM
Hi all,

I'm breaking my '89 T-Bar in white. Some parts have already gone but most of it is still available - let me know what you need. I'd really prefer not to break the components that allow the car to remain secure (ie windows, doors, locks, etc) as I don't have anywhere safe to store the vehicle while breaking it. I'm in the ST2 area of Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire and would prefer collections but I can ship if necessary (weight and size depending of course).

There is damage to the front near-side (see picture below) but the bonnet should be easily repaired by a more competent person than myself!

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2011/04/HiRuv-1.jpg

It also has a set of S/C lights, which are in excellent condition for any takers?

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2011/04/LmfL7-1.jpg

I've also got some bits in the "stock room" which I'll make an effort to list soon...

Thanks!

Patrick.

feganmeister
9th July 2011, 07:02 PM
Sorry, should have mentioned that I'm more than happy to additional pictures should anyone want them :)

julianw
9th July 2011, 08:58 PM
Hi Patrick
How much mileage has the engine got on it? What sort of condition do you think the engine is in and do you have a price in mind for it? Also, how much for the throttle position sensor? Thanks, Julian

feganmeister
11th July 2011, 05:43 PM
Hi Julian!

The engine has a little over 108k and had a service and water pump change about 1 month before taking off the road. The only alternator I own has ceased (swapped it from my other MR2 to sell it) but otherwise the engine has always been an excellent runner. It hasn't been started for about a year now but I'm pretty confident it will go with minimum effort. I've no idea about price as I've never done this before but if you have then I'm totally open to reasonable offers. Ideally, I'd like to see the gearbox, exhaust, etc go at the same time but I appreciate that is a big ask. Would you be looking for those too or literally just the engine? Unfortunately, I don't have anything to remove the engine with (eg crane, knowledge, etc) nor do I have the means to transport it :(

Not sure what the "throttle position sensor" is :-s Is it the bit that sits on the T-VIS unit?

Cheers,

Patrick.

MR2MK1
16th July 2011, 05:25 PM
Patrick let me know when you get the postage for the lights sorted
Colin

superwhite90
16th July 2011, 06:57 PM
Is that a G plate and is the colour code superwhite 043?

I'd be interested in the rear bumper cover :) but unfortunately i'm skint until the end of the month! :(

Electric aerial and if the paint code is of the above, have the wing mirrors been sprayed in the same?

kevin..in
17th July 2011, 06:25 AM
PM sent

philfurby
17th July 2011, 10:00 PM
Sent a PM.... need a new engine as the cam-belt snapped on mine :(

neiljones308
18th July 2011, 08:54 AM
Hi,
How much do you want for the ash tray, bonnet badge and radio surround (if it is black) is everything in good condition?
Thanks, Neil

superwhite90
18th July 2011, 12:03 PM
Sent a PM.... need a new engine as the cam-belt snapped on mine :(

Why do you need a new engine? Non-interference engines these are, shouldn't have mullered it ?

kolby82
18th July 2011, 12:15 PM
Why do you need a new engine? Non-interference engines these are, shouldn't have mullered it ?

yep cambelt doesnt cost very much so get one on and timing done and may say you a fair few quid!

philfurby
18th July 2011, 02:45 PM
well the cam belt snapped while drving along, everyone saying i need a new engine etc bexasue the valves have bent etc, not sure where i can get parts to rebuild it

crazylegs
18th July 2011, 03:31 PM
hi, i need a front screen. if you can get it out i`m interested. Kev

kevin..in
18th July 2011, 03:36 PM
well the cam belt snapped while drving along, everyone saying i need a new engine etc bexasue the valves have bent etc, not sure where i can get parts to rebuild it
non interferance engine meas that the valves "should not be bent" you nedd 2 things
1 a new cam belt kit
2 some new advisors

MR2MK1
18th July 2011, 07:12 PM
non interferance engine meas that the valves "should not be bent" you nedd 2 things
1 a new cam belt kit
2 some new advisors
Yes will have to agree as well you are talking to the wrong people who are going to leave you out of pocket for no reason

feganmeister
21st July 2011, 06:23 PM
Is that a G plate and is the colour code superwhite 043?

Yes and yes :) Excuse the ignorance, but which bit is the rear bumper cover? Not sure if the wing mirrors are "aftermarket" sprayed but they definitely match the body colour.

The aerial has already been picked up by the nice scrap metal t***er who also was kind enough to relieve me of the near-side wing! >:-(

feganmeister
21st July 2011, 06:26 PM
Hi,
How much do you want for the ash tray, bonnet badge and radio surround (if it is black) is everything in good condition?
Thanks, Neil

Hi Neil. The bonnet badge has already sold I'm afraid but the ash tray and radio surround are good to go. I'll check the condition and if you PM me your email I'll drop you some photos. I think the radio surround has a little damage where the screws mount to the dash, but I might be wrong... Cheers, Patrick.

feganmeister
21st July 2011, 06:29 PM
hi, i need a front screen. if you can get it out i`m interested. Kev

Hi Kev. The car isn't garaged so I'll need to keep the screen in until the interior has gone (too keep it as water-tight as a TBar can be, lol). I'll drop you a message when it's ready for trying to remove it. Cheers, Patrick.

desy
31st July 2011, 09:49 PM
Hi,
can you tell me what condition the drivers side wing is in.....thanks

cabbydave
2nd August 2011, 09:44 AM
Ho much do you want for the two rear track adjusting arms? I can come over and give you a hand removing them even put my old ones on your car so the car is still rollable

feganmeister
5th August 2011, 05:56 PM
can you tell me what condition the drivers side wing is in.....thanks

Pretty good with the exception of some rust where the valance sits over the panel. I will PM you some photos :)

feganmeister
5th August 2011, 06:04 PM
Ho much do you want for the two rear track adjusting arms? I can come over and give you a hand removing them even put my old ones on your car so the car is still rollable

Erm... no idea, did you have a price in mind?

desy
6th August 2011, 08:48 AM
Pretty good with the exception of some rust where the valance sits over the panel. I will PM you some photos :)

Ok thanks......

Diesel Meister
9th August 2011, 06:53 PM
Hey - nice nick OP :) I'm a new member but am really keen to find a pair of wiper arms. Can these be spared and if so, how much for?

Thanks,

D

feganmeister
12th August 2011, 09:08 AM
I'm a new member but am really keen to find a pair of wiper arms. Can these be spared and if so, how much for?

Welcome to the club! :) Drop me a PM with your postcode and we'll sort something out mate :thumbup:

Nocturnal
13th August 2011, 11:57 AM
Hi mate, I'm in quite desperate need of a rear near-side driveshaft and the CV joint that connects to the hub, are these available? Would you be able to post them and how much? How much are you looking at for those rear lights too?

Thanks

Nocturnal
14th August 2011, 04:12 PM
Got the driveshaft now, still potentially interested in the lights though.

cabbydave
14th August 2011, 04:58 PM
Can you pm me your phone number im going to stoke this week and could do with a few bits

feganmeister
16th August 2011, 06:18 PM
Lights have already been claimed, sorry!

phaeton
28th August 2011, 03:12 PM
Looking for an NSR sway/tie bar the one that goes from the body to the strut bottom.

Alan...