PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Identification?

mk1_mods
1st July 2011, 08:35 PM
I have just taken this exhaust off my car it is stainless steel and in really good nick. I was told when i bought the car that it is a Lotus Elise exhaust can anyone verify this? Also what is it worth and anyone want it? The down pipe is also in very good condition. Only reason for sale is i have a karmelion kit and it does not fit anymore.

Mk1_mods

dan23
1st July 2011, 10:36 PM
could be custom? how much you after for it?

Deadly_smell
2nd July 2011, 09:15 AM
Looks like a MK2 power flow system, what diameter is inlet and is it very loud?

mk1_mods
5th July 2011, 03:36 PM
No its not loud at all it has been on my car for 6 years or so when i bought it and never had any complaints about noise. I think as exhausts go it is not loud in the slightest. The guy i bought it from did mention it was a mod that Paul Woods was doing years ago but im not sure how acurate that is. Have loaded more pics????????????

Daf @ Superb Classics
6th July 2011, 12:05 PM
Looks interesting. I have no idea im afraid. Have you tried doing a google immage search on the Elise exhaust, see if a photo of this comes up?

Daf

Woodsport
6th July 2011, 06:20 PM
I can clarify that is not one of my exhausts, looks like some sort of Mk2 system, i used to make Elise silencers fit a Mk1 years ago and they worked really well, but the Elise system is a different design to that one pictured above anyway.

mk1_mods
6th July 2011, 07:32 PM
a complete mystery then. mmmm well now im really stumped could ber custom could be mk2 will keep looking.